EXCLUSIVE: Viral hit Drunk History may become a TV series. Comedy Central has given a pilot presentation order to Drunk History Across America, which will be produced by Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Chris Henchy’s Gary Sanchez Prods. The trio will executive produce with Derek Waters, creator of the Drunk History series of shorts, Jeremy Konner, who directed them, and Owen Burke. Konner will also direct the pilot presentation. Like the web series, Drunk History Across America will feature historical reenactments presented by besotted narrators. The show will also include some travel elements and interviews with city locals who will drunkenly narrate local and personal history which, too, will be re-enacted by guest actors. Among those who have done re-enactments in the original Web series are Ferrell, Jim Carrey, Ryan Gosling, Jack Black, Don Cheadle, Michael Cera, Zooey Deschanel, John C. Reilly, Crispin Glover, Jason Ritter and Danny McBride. In addition to garnering millions of hits on YouTube and Funny or Die, a Drunk History short produced for Gary Sanchez’s HBO series Funny or Die Presents won The Jury Prize for Best American Short Film at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. It stars Ferrell and Cheadle as Abraham Lincoln and Fredrick Douglass, respectively. (Video below) Waters is repped at UTA and Odenkirk-Provissiero, Konner is with WME and 3 Arts, Gary Sanchez with CAA, WME and Mosaic.
'Drunk History' Web Series Heads To TV WIth Presentation Order By Comedy Central; Will Ferrell & Adam McKay To Produce
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'
- President Obama To Make Final ‘The Daily Show’ Appearance As President Next Week