EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Dougray Scott is in negotiations to play the male lead opposite Famke Janssen in Netflix’s new original series Hemlock Grove, from Eli Roth and Gaumont International TV. Written by Brian McGreevey and Lee Shipman based on McGreevy’s upcoming goth horror novel, Hemlock Grove revolves around the murder of a young girl found close to the former Godfrey steel mill. The suspects in her killing include Peter (Landon Liboiron), a 17-year-old Gypsy kid from the wrong side of the tracks, and Roman (Bill Skarsgard), the arrogant Godfrey scion, whose sister Shelley is disturbingly deformed and whose mother, Olivia (Janssen), is the beautiful and controlling grand dame of Hemlock Grove. Scott will play Norman Godfrey, the older brother of Olivia’s late husband, JR, one of the founders of the Godfrey Center for Biomedical Technologies. Wealthy, but with modest tastes and an equally modest home, Norman is sickened by Olivia’s displays of ostentation and the way in which she spoils her son. This would mark the first U.S. series for WME-repped Scott since his arc on ABC’s Desperate Housewives. On the big screen, the Scottish actor most recently portrayed Arthur Miller in My Week In Marylin.
Dougray Scott To Star In Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two