EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Dougray Scott is in negotiations to play the male lead opposite Famke Janssen in Netflix’s new original series Hemlock Grove, from Eli Roth and Gaumont International TV. Written by Brian McGreevey and Lee Shipman based on McGreevy’s upcoming goth horror novel, Hemlock Grove revolves around the murder of a young girl found close to the former Godfrey steel mill. The suspects in her killing include Peter (Landon Liboiron), a 17-year-old Gypsy kid from the wrong side of the tracks, and Roman (Bill Skarsgard), the arrogant Godfrey scion, whose sister Shelley is disturbingly deformed and whose mother, Olivia (Janssen), is the beautiful and controlling grand dame of Hemlock Grove. Scott will play Norman Godfrey, the older brother of Olivia’s late husband, JR, one of the founders of the Godfrey Center for Biomedical Technologies. Wealthy, but with modest tastes and an equally modest home, Norman is sickened by Olivia’s displays of ostentation and the way in which she spoils her son. This would mark the first U.S. series for WME-repped Scott since his arc on ABC’s Desperate Housewives. On the big screen, the Scottish actor most recently portrayed Arthur Miller in My Week In Marylin.
Dougray Scott To Star In Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove'
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal $3B+ As 'Despicable' Franchise Takes Ani Crown; 'Wolf Warrior 2' Bests 'Avatar' Record - International Box Office
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Flexes Muscle With $21M+ During The Lowest-Grossing Weekend Of 2017 To Date - Sunday AM
Latest TV News
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Director On Tonight’s Game Changing Icy Episode & Season 8
- Apple Music’s ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Rocks To New ‘Game Of Thrones’ Opening
- Why ‘Hairspray Live!’ Costume Designer Mary Vogt Encouraged Her Dancers To Rip Their Clothes
- Hollywood Remembers Jerry Lewis: Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, Sandra Bernhard Honor King Of Comedy
- Jerry Lewis Dies: Comedy Legend, Classic Filmmaker Was 91
- Emmy Predictions: Outstanding Television Movie