EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Dougray Scott is in negotiations to play the male lead opposite Famke Janssen in Netflix’s new original series Hemlock Grove, from Eli Roth and Gaumont International TV. Written by Brian McGreevey and Lee Shipman based on McGreevy’s upcoming goth horror novel, Hemlock Grove revolves around the murder of a young girl found close to the former Godfrey steel mill. The suspects in her killing include Peter (Landon Liboiron), a 17-year-old Gypsy kid from the wrong side of the tracks, and Roman (Bill Skarsgard), the arrogant Godfrey scion, whose sister Shelley is disturbingly deformed and whose mother, Olivia (Janssen), is the beautiful and controlling grand dame of Hemlock Grove. Scott will play Norman Godfrey, the older brother of Olivia’s late husband, JR, one of the founders of the Godfrey Center for Biomedical Technologies. Wealthy, but with modest tastes and an equally modest home, Norman is sickened by Olivia’s displays of ostentation and the way in which she spoils her son. This would mark the first U.S. series for WME-repped Scott since his arc on ABC’s Desperate Housewives. On the big screen, the Scottish actor most recently portrayed Arthur Miller in My Week In Marylin.
Dougray Scott To Star In Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Primetime Emmys Tap Glenn Weiss & Ricky Kirshner To Exec Produce Awards
- Lionsgate Q4 Beats Street With Higher Earnings & Revenue
- Viacom & Altice USA Announce Advertising And Content Distribution Pact
- Sophia Bush Departing ‘Chicago P.D.’ After Four Seasons
- Deadline's TV Talk Podcast Episode #6: Big Screen To Small Screen Emmy Contenders, Roger Moore + Best Limited Series Hopefuls
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Trailer Snags 61 Million Views In First 24 Hours, HBO Says