EXCLUSIVE: Boy-centric Disney XD has picked up to series Crash and Bernstein, a live-action comedy with puppetry. The multicamera show, created by Eric Friedman (Disney XD’s I’m In The Band), centers on 14-year-old Wyatt Bernstein, the only son among four kids, who finally gets his dream of having a loud-mouthed brother when his puppet, Crash, comes to life. Crash, played by Emmy-nominated puppet master and filmmaker Tim Lagasse (Sesame Street) brings Wyatt some much needed “boy reinforcement” amidst a household of sisters. The series, produced by It’s A Laugh Productions, Inc., will begin production in May for a fall premiere. “It offers a fresh take on the typical buddy comedy and brings together an everyday kid and his ‘know no limits’ puppet as they navigate life’s adventures,” said Adam Bonnett, SVP, original programming for Disney Channel. The pilot for Crash and Bernstein was directed by Bruce Leddy (Mad TV).
Disney XD Greenlights Live-Action/Puppet Comedy Series 'Crash & Bernstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed