EXCLUSIVE: Boy-centric Disney XD has picked up to series Crash and Bernstein, a live-action comedy with puppetry. The multicamera show, created by Eric Friedman (Disney XD’s I’m In The Band), centers on 14-year-old Wyatt Bernstein, the only son among four kids, who finally gets his dream of having a loud-mouthed brother when his puppet, Crash, comes to life. Crash, played by Emmy-nominated puppet master and filmmaker Tim Lagasse (Sesame Street) brings Wyatt some much needed “boy reinforcement” amidst a household of sisters. The series, produced by It’s A Laugh Productions, Inc., will begin production in May for a fall premiere. “It offers a fresh take on the typical buddy comedy and brings together an everyday kid and his ‘know no limits’ puppet as they navigate life’s adventures,” said Adam Bonnett, SVP, original programming for Disney Channel. The pilot for Crash and Bernstein was directed by Bruce Leddy (Mad TV).
Disney XD Greenlights Live-Action/Puppet Comedy Series 'Crash & Bernstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Latest TV News
- ‘Future Man’ Cast And Creators Discusses Death Of Glenne Headly At TCA
- Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon Partner To Star In TV Series
- ‘Faith Under Fire’: Toni Braxton To Topline Lifetime Movie About Georgia Elementary School Gunman
- Emmys: TV Academy Unveils Category List
- Boy Scouts Boss Apologizes For Donald Trump’s “Political Rhetoric” In Jamboree Speech
- ‘Harlots’ Renewed For Season 2 On Hulu – TCA