EXCLUSIVE: Boy-centric Disney XD has picked up to series Crash and Bernstein, a live-action comedy with puppetry. The multicamera show, created by Eric Friedman (Disney XD’s I’m In The Band), centers on 14-year-old Wyatt Bernstein, the only son among four kids, who finally gets his dream of having a loud-mouthed brother when his puppet, Crash, comes to life. Crash, played by Emmy-nominated puppet master and filmmaker Tim Lagasse (Sesame Street) brings Wyatt some much needed “boy reinforcement” amidst a household of sisters. The series, produced by It’s A Laugh Productions, Inc., will begin production in May for a fall premiere. “It offers a fresh take on the typical buddy comedy and brings together an everyday kid and his ‘know no limits’ puppet as they navigate life’s adventures,” said Adam Bonnett, SVP, original programming for Disney Channel. The pilot for Crash and Bernstein was directed by Bruce Leddy (Mad TV).
Disney XD Greenlights Live-Action/Puppet Comedy Series 'Crash & Bernstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- AT&T Lost TV Subs In Q2, But Still Beat Analysts’ Earnings Expectations
- Nat Geo Teams With Leonardo DiCaprio To Adapt ‘The Right Stuff’ As Scripted Series
- ‘Broad City’ Stars On Censoring Trump & The Feminist Message Behind The Series — TCA
- Nat Geo Wild Greenlights New Series With Survivalist Les Stroud, ‘Road To Westminster’ Special; ‘Untamed’ Season 2…
- Nat Geo Sets Documentary Specials On Princess Diana, ‘Long Road Home’ & ‘Titanic’; ‘StarTalk’ Guest Cast…
- TV One Names Michelle Rice Interim General Manager As Brad Siegel Exits As President