EXCLUSIVE: Boy-centric Disney XD has picked up to series Crash and Bernstein, a live-action comedy with puppetry. The multicamera show, created by Eric Friedman (Disney XD’s I’m In The Band), centers on 14-year-old Wyatt Bernstein, the only son among four kids, who finally gets his dream of having a loud-mouthed brother when his puppet, Crash, comes to life. Crash, played by Emmy-nominated puppet master and filmmaker Tim Lagasse (Sesame Street) brings Wyatt some much needed “boy reinforcement” amidst a household of sisters. The series, produced by It’s A Laugh Productions, Inc., will begin production in May for a fall premiere. “It offers a fresh take on the typical buddy comedy and brings together an everyday kid and his ‘know no limits’ puppet as they navigate life’s adventures,” said Adam Bonnett, SVP, original programming for Disney Channel. The pilot for Crash and Bernstein was directed by Bruce Leddy (Mad TV).
Disney XD Greenlights Live-Action/Puppet Comedy Series 'Crash & Bernstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Nyle DiMarco Went From 'America's Next Top Model' To Broadway Producer: How 'Children Of A Lesser God' Paved The Way
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Asks Michael Avenatti If He Will Run For Office
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 15 By ABC
- Roberta Flack Falls Ill At Apollo Theater, Rushed To Hospital
- The Weinstein Co. Names Executive With Experience In Restructuring To Board Of Directors
- ‘Jane the Virgin’ Finale’: Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, ‘Dallas’-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5…
- UTA Promotes Eight To Agent Status