EXCLUSIVE: Boy-centric Disney XD has picked up to series Crash and Bernstein, a live-action comedy with puppetry. The multicamera show, created by Eric Friedman (Disney XD’s I’m In The Band), centers on 14-year-old Wyatt Bernstein, the only son among four kids, who finally gets his dream of having a loud-mouthed brother when his puppet, Crash, comes to life. Crash, played by Emmy-nominated puppet master and filmmaker Tim Lagasse (Sesame Street) brings Wyatt some much needed “boy reinforcement” amidst a household of sisters. The series, produced by It’s A Laugh Productions, Inc., will begin production in May for a fall premiere. “It offers a fresh take on the typical buddy comedy and brings together an everyday kid and his ‘know no limits’ puppet as they navigate life’s adventures,” said Adam Bonnett, SVP, original programming for Disney Channel. The pilot for Crash and Bernstein was directed by Bruce Leddy (Mad TV).
Disney XD Greenlights Live-Action/Puppet Comedy Series 'Crash & Bernstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- Baltimore Fox TV Station Evacuated After Man Enters Building, Makes Bomb Threat; Suspect Down – Updated
- National Geographic Channel Orders First Scripted Series: ‘Genius’ Anthology From Imagine TV, Ron Howard…
- Cable Net Z Living Greenlights Four New Health-Focused Series
- Johnny Depp-Produced ‘Muscle Shoals’ Among 5 Series In Works At IM Global TV
- RADiUS PR Exec Liza Burnett Fefferman To Top Communications Post At VH1 & Logo
- Drew Barrymore Joins NBC’s ‘First Dates’ As Narrator