The No. 1 satellite company promoted Paul Guyardo to be Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer, continuing to report to CEO Mike White. Guyardo will pick up ad sales, which will expand as DirecTV begins to sell local ads. As a result, the company says, he’ll oversee “all functions that drive the Company’s $22 billion in U.S. revenue.” His universe already included marketing, branding, public relations, pricing and packaging, directv.com, sports, premium channels and on-demand businesses, customer retention, consumer research and analytics and creative services. The company also promoted Keith Kazerman to SVP Ad Sales, reporting to Guyardo. He’ll focus on interactive ads. Meanwhile, DirecTV created a Digital Entertainment Products unit, pulling together several existing operations, to develop the company’s strategy on initiatives including TV Everywhere. It will be run by SVP Tony Goncalves, who used to report to Guyardo, and now also will report to White. “As technology changes at a rapid pace, we must constantly challenge ourselves to think in new and creative ways to meet the evolving needs of our customers,” the CEO says.
DirecTV Management Moves Shore Up Ad Sales And Advanced Digital Services
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…