The No. 1 satellite company promoted Paul Guyardo to be Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer, continuing to report to CEO Mike White. Guyardo will pick up ad sales, which will expand as DirecTV begins to sell local ads. As a result, the company says, he’ll oversee “all functions that drive the Company’s $22 billion in U.S. revenue.” His universe already included marketing, branding, public relations, pricing and packaging, directv.com, sports, premium channels and on-demand businesses, customer retention, consumer research and analytics and creative services. The company also promoted Keith Kazerman to SVP Ad Sales, reporting to Guyardo. He’ll focus on interactive ads. Meanwhile, DirecTV created a Digital Entertainment Products unit, pulling together several existing operations, to develop the company’s strategy on initiatives including TV Everywhere. It will be run by SVP Tony Goncalves, who used to report to Guyardo, and now also will report to White. “As technology changes at a rapid pace, we must constantly challenge ourselves to think in new and creative ways to meet the evolving needs of our customers,” the CEO says.
DirecTV Management Moves Shore Up Ad Sales And Advanced Digital Services
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Jon Stewart Takes On Trump’s Charlottesville Response At Dave Chappelle Show
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Limited Series Or Movie
- Hollywood Reacts Fast To Steve Bannon Axing: Rosie O’Donnell Suggests Place For Tiki Torch
- EOne Ups Carolyn Newman To SVP Scripted Programming, Acquires ‘A Gentleman In Moscow’ Book Rights For TV
- Foul Play Alleged In New York SAG-AFTRA Board Race
- Steve Bannon To Exit As Donald Trump’s Chief Strategist