EXCLUSIVE: In a recasting, Diary Of a Wimpy Kid star Zachary Gordon has been tapped for Kari Lizer’s ABC comedy pilot, toplined by Mary McCormack. The multi-camera comedy, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne (McCormack), a high-powered executive who, having dominated the corporate America for years, now faces the biggest challenge of her life when she finds herself unemployed and acting as a full-time mom to her two kids. Gordon, repped by CAA and Industry’s Dan Spilo, will play Hilary’s son Dylan, replacing Aidan Potter who was originally cast in the role. The recasting was done after the pilot’s table read when a decision was made to age up the Dylan character. Gordon next reprises his role as the lead Greg Heffley in the Diary Of a Wimpy Kid sequel, which opens in August.
'Diary Of A Wimpy Kid' Star Zachary Gordon Joins ABC's Kari Lizer Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage