EXCLUSIVE: In a recasting, Diary Of a Wimpy Kid star Zachary Gordon has been tapped for Kari Lizer’s ABC comedy pilot, toplined by Mary McCormack. The multi-camera comedy, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne (McCormack), a high-powered executive who, having dominated the corporate America for years, now faces the biggest challenge of her life when she finds herself unemployed and acting as a full-time mom to her two kids. Gordon, repped by CAA and Industry’s Dan Spilo, will play Hilary’s son Dylan, replacing Aidan Potter who was originally cast in the role. The recasting was done after the pilot’s table read when a decision was made to age up the Dylan character. Gordon next reprises his role as the lead Greg Heffley in the Diary Of a Wimpy Kid sequel, which opens in August.
'Diary Of A Wimpy Kid' Star Zachary Gordon Joins ABC's Kari Lizer Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets British Comic Tommy Maitland As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Adds Rekha Sharma, Kenneth Mitchell & More To Cast