EXCLUSIVE: In a recasting, Diary Of a Wimpy Kid star Zachary Gordon has been tapped for Kari Lizer’s ABC comedy pilot, toplined by Mary McCormack. The multi-camera comedy, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne (McCormack), a high-powered executive who, having dominated the corporate America for years, now faces the biggest challenge of her life when she finds herself unemployed and acting as a full-time mom to her two kids. Gordon, repped by CAA and Industry’s Dan Spilo, will play Hilary’s son Dylan, replacing Aidan Potter who was originally cast in the role. The recasting was done after the pilot’s table read when a decision was made to age up the Dylan character. Gordon next reprises his role as the lead Greg Heffley in the Diary Of a Wimpy Kid sequel, which opens in August.
'Diary Of A Wimpy Kid' Star Zachary Gordon Joins ABC's Kari Lizer Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series