EXCLUSIVE: In a recasting, Diary Of a Wimpy Kid star Zachary Gordon has been tapped for Kari Lizer’s ABC comedy pilot, toplined by Mary McCormack. The multi-camera comedy, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne (McCormack), a high-powered executive who, having dominated the corporate America for years, now faces the biggest challenge of her life when she finds herself unemployed and acting as a full-time mom to her two kids. Gordon, repped by CAA and Industry’s Dan Spilo, will play Hilary’s son Dylan, replacing Aidan Potter who was originally cast in the role. The recasting was done after the pilot’s table read when a decision was made to age up the Dylan character. Gordon next reprises his role as the lead Greg Heffley in the Diary Of a Wimpy Kid sequel, which opens in August.
'Diary Of A Wimpy Kid' Star Zachary Gordon Joins ABC's Kari Lizer Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot