EXCLUSIVE: In a recasting, Diary Of a Wimpy Kid star Zachary Gordon has been tapped for Kari Lizer’s ABC comedy pilot, toplined by Mary McCormack. The multi-camera comedy, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne (McCormack), a high-powered executive who, having dominated the corporate America for years, now faces the biggest challenge of her life when she finds herself unemployed and acting as a full-time mom to her two kids. Gordon, repped by CAA and Industry’s Dan Spilo, will play Hilary’s son Dylan, replacing Aidan Potter who was originally cast in the role. The recasting was done after the pilot’s table read when a decision was made to age up the Dylan character. Gordon next reprises his role as the lead Greg Heffley in the Diary Of a Wimpy Kid sequel, which opens in August.
'Diary Of A Wimpy Kid' Star Zachary Gordon Joins ABC's Kari Lizer Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate