EXCLUSIVE: Not every viable Marvel Comics hero is in The Avengers. 20th Century Fox is revving a reboot of Daredevil, and the studio is setting David James Kelly to rewrite of the script, for David Slade to direct. The 30 Days of Night and Twilight Saga: Eclipse helmer became attached last year, and reports have the studio working off the Frank Miller/David Mazzucchelli story arc Born Again, as The Kingpin uncovers the superhero’s secret identity, and uses it to turn blind lawyer Matt Murdoch’s life upside down. Fox, which also has the X-Men franchise and its spinoffs, also has Chronicle helmer Josh Trank working on a reboot of Fantastic Four. Kelly is repped by WME.
David James Kelly Rewriting 'Daredevil' Reboot For David Slade
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Film News
- Dreamscape Gets New Financial Commitments From Nickelodeon, Middle Eastern Investors
- SAG Awards Nominations: ‘Three Billboards’ Tops Film List, Netflix Leads In TV
- SAG Awards Nominations: The Scorecards
- It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
- ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ Trailer: Clint Eastwood’s Real-Life Heroes In Action
- SAG Awards Nominations Live Stream