EXCLUSIVE: Not every viable Marvel Comics hero is in The Avengers. 20th Century Fox is revving a reboot of Daredevil, and the studio is setting David James Kelly to rewrite of the script, for David Slade to direct. The 30 Days of Night and Twilight Saga: Eclipse helmer became attached last year, and reports have the studio working off the Frank Miller/David Mazzucchelli story arc Born Again, as The Kingpin uncovers the superhero’s secret identity, and uses it to turn blind lawyer Matt Murdoch’s life upside down. Fox, which also has the X-Men franchise and its spinoffs, also has Chronicle helmer Josh Trank working on a reboot of Fantastic Four. Kelly is repped by WME.
David James Kelly Rewriting 'Daredevil' Reboot For David Slade
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’