EXCLUSIVE: Not every viable Marvel Comics hero is in The Avengers. 20th Century Fox is revving a reboot of Daredevil, and the studio is setting David James Kelly to rewrite of the script, for David Slade to direct. The 30 Days of Night and Twilight Saga: Eclipse helmer became attached last year, and reports have the studio working off the Frank Miller/David Mazzucchelli story arc Born Again, as The Kingpin uncovers the superhero’s secret identity, and uses it to turn blind lawyer Matt Murdoch’s life upside down. Fox, which also has the X-Men franchise and its spinoffs, also has Chronicle helmer Josh Trank working on a reboot of Fantastic Four. Kelly is repped by WME.
David James Kelly Rewriting 'Daredevil' Reboot For David Slade
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Film News
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience