Dan Futterman, an Oscar nominee for Capote, and Roger Bart (Despwerate Housewives) have been cast in recurring roles on Political Animals, USA Network’s upcoming 6-episode drama series. Written by Greg Berlanti, the Washington DC-based series is a fictional look at an ex-first family and centers on Elaine Barrish (Sigourney Weaver), the divorced former First Lady and newly appointed Secretary of State who throws herself into the job after recovering from the dissolution of her marriage and losing the presidential nomination. She attempts to keep her family together, while simultaneously dealing with crises of the State Department and hungry DC journalist Susan Berg (Carla Gugino) bent on destroying her career. Futterman will play Alex Davies, Bureau Chief of the Washington Journal and love interest to Susan Berg. Bart, repped by Innovative and Impression, will play Barry Harris, new President Garcetti’s Chief Of Staff, a weaselly guy who politely despises Elaine and loves cutting her out of policy decisions.
Dan Futterman & Roger Bart Land Recurring Roles On USA Series 'Political Animals'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Criminal Minds’ Co-EP Virgil Williams Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
- ‘Power’ Season 4 Review: ‘Fast & Furious’ Sung Kang Brings More Pedal To Metal
- ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Co-EP Sanjay Shah Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- ‘Still Star-Crossed’ ABC Series Moving To Saturday After 3 Monday Airings
- YouTube CEO Unveils User Numbers, Plans For VR And Live Streaming
- YouTube Red Orders Series Produced By Dwayne Johnson, Dan Harmon & More