Dan Futterman, an Oscar nominee for Capote, and Roger Bart (Despwerate Housewives) have been cast in recurring roles on Political Animals, USA Network’s upcoming 6-episode drama series. Written by Greg Berlanti, the Washington DC-based series is a fictional look at an ex-first family and centers on Elaine Barrish (Sigourney Weaver), the divorced former First Lady and newly appointed Secretary of State who throws herself into the job after recovering from the dissolution of her marriage and losing the presidential nomination. She attempts to keep her family together, while simultaneously dealing with crises of the State Department and hungry DC journalist Susan Berg (Carla Gugino) bent on destroying her career. Futterman will play Alex Davies, Bureau Chief of the Washington Journal and love interest to Susan Berg. Bart, repped by Innovative and Impression, will play Barry Harris, new President Garcetti’s Chief Of Staff, a weaselly guy who politely despises Elaine and loves cutting her out of policy decisions.
Dan Futterman & Roger Bart Land Recurring Roles On USA Series 'Political Animals'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus On Tonight’s Season Debut, What’s Next, ‘Ride’…
- Jemele Hill Returns To ESPN After Two-Week Suspension Over Twitter Firestorm — Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 8 Review: AMC Blockbuster Gets Its Groove Back For 100th Episode
- Justin Timberlake Set To Headline Super Bowl LII Halftime Performance
- Fire Up The Tardis: ‘Doctor Who’ Gets New Cast Members, Sets Details On Next Season
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders For Office? Press Secretary Says “Never Say Never”