Two of three Cuban featured in the Tribeca Film Festival entry Una Noche disappeared after their plane from Cuba landed in Miami. The three had been expected to travel to New York but Anailin de la Rua de la Torre and Javier Nunez Florian stayed in Miami, according to the third actor Dariel Arrechada. “I’m here alone in New York,” Arrechada told the Huffington Post. The movie is about three Cuban teenagers who try to escape Communist-ruled Cuba. Arrechada said he does not know where his co-stars are and plans to return to Cuba after the festval when his visa expires “in a few days.” All three are 20 years old. This is the “First time out of Cuba to the US!” for any of the Cuban-born actors, the film’s director Lucy Mulloy tweeted in late March. “I really was thinking that they were going to come here and enjoy the festival, and I thought they would love to participate in it,” Mulloy said. “They made a decision, I guess.”
Cubans In Tribeca Film Vanish In Miami
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- Dome Karukoski To Helm J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic
- PalmStar Media Closes Near $12M National Lampoon Deal; Can Laugh Brand Regain Luster?
- Cinema Audio Society Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- Toronto Fest Announcement To Kick Off Oscar-Season Guessing Game: Who Will Be In Or Out?
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- Sarah Paulson Joins M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’