Two of three Cuban featured in the Tribeca Film Festival entry Una Noche disappeared after their plane from Cuba landed in Miami. The three had been expected to travel to New York but Anailin de la Rua de la Torre and Javier Nunez Florian stayed in Miami, according to the third actor Dariel Arrechada. “I’m here alone in New York,” Arrechada told the Huffington Post. The movie is about three Cuban teenagers who try to escape Communist-ruled Cuba. Arrechada said he does not know where his co-stars are and plans to return to Cuba after the festval when his visa expires “in a few days.” All three are 20 years old. This is the “First time out of Cuba to the US!” for any of the Cuban-born actors, the film’s director Lucy Mulloy tweeted in late March. “I really was thinking that they were going to come here and enjoy the festival, and I thought they would love to participate in it,” Mulloy said. “They made a decision, I guess.”
Cubans In Tribeca Film Vanish In Miami
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company