EXCLUSIVE: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation executive producer/co-showrunner Don McGill has signed a new three-year overall deal with the series’ producer CBS TV Studios. Under the new pact, McGill will continue on CSI, which was recently renewed for next season, the show’s 13th. He co-runs the veteran procedural with executive producer and long-time showrunner Carol Mendelsohn. The mothership CSI, which went through major casting changes in the past two seasons with the addition of Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue as the new leads, has been doing well in the ratings over the past few months, most recently posting a 2.9/8 in 18-49 and 12.1 million viewers last night. McGill has been at CBS and CBS Studios his entire writing career. He started as a writer on JAG before co-creating with Don Bellisario the JAG spinoff NCIS. Before joining CSI, WME-repped McGill served as executive producer on the studio’s CBS drama Numbers.
'CSI' Co-Showrunner Don McGill Signs New Deal With CBS TV Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature