EXCLUSIVE: Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have made a Warner Bros deal to direct their script Focus, which will be produced by Denise DiNovi. She was a producer on the last comedy they made for the studio, Crazy, Stupid, Love. I’m told they hope to draft that comedy’s leads, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, to play the lead roles, though studio insiders said it hasn’t gotten that far yet. Focus tells the story of a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They get involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future. Ficarra and Requa, who are repped by WME, wrote Bad Santa and wrote and directed I Love You, Phillip Morris.
'Crazy, Stupid, Love' Team Reunite For 'Focus'; Will Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone Join Them?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Latest Film News
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalise Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional