EXCLUSIVE: Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have made a Warner Bros deal to direct their script Focus, which will be produced by Denise DiNovi. She was a producer on the last comedy they made for the studio, Crazy, Stupid, Love. I’m told they hope to draft that comedy’s leads, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, to play the lead roles, though studio insiders said it hasn’t gotten that far yet. Focus tells the story of a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They get involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future. Ficarra and Requa, who are repped by WME, wrote Bad Santa and wrote and directed I Love You, Phillip Morris.
'Crazy, Stupid, Love' Team Reunite For 'Focus'; Will Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone Join Them?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- Film Allman Loses Case Against New York Marine Insurer: “No New Info From FBI”
- Youth Revolution On The Croisette As Screen Kids Take Over Cannes
- Damien Chazelle Finds The “Fertile Terrain” Of An Industry In Upheaval – Deadline Disruptors
- Lukas Haas Cast In Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- California's Tax Incentives Losing Battle For Blockbusters
- LA Film Festival Adds ‘The Beguiled’, ‘Annabelle: Creation’ & More Screenings