EXCLUSIVE: Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have made a Warner Bros deal to direct their script Focus, which will be produced by Denise DiNovi. She was a producer on the last comedy they made for the studio, Crazy, Stupid, Love. I’m told they hope to draft that comedy’s leads, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, to play the lead roles, though studio insiders said it hasn’t gotten that far yet. Focus tells the story of a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They get involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future. Ficarra and Requa, who are repped by WME, wrote Bad Santa and wrote and directed I Love You, Phillip Morris.
'Crazy, Stupid, Love' Team Reunite For 'Focus'; Will Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone Join Them?
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Film News
- Tom Cruise Stunt Injury Shuts Down ‘M:I 6- Mission Impossible’
- Indie Comedy ‘The Truth About Lies’ Scores Deal With Newcomer Blue Fox
- Nicole Kidman On ‘Big Little Lies’, Kubrick And Taking Chances: “I Don't Approach Things From That Safe Place”…
- Universal, Channing Tatum, Michael De Luca Tap ‘Bloodlines’
- Ruth Ware’s ‘The Lying Game’ Picked Up By The Gotham Group
- Paramount Stakes Graham King GK Films To 3-Year First Look