EXCLUSIVE: Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have made a Warner Bros deal to direct their script Focus, which will be produced by Denise DiNovi. She was a producer on the last comedy they made for the studio, Crazy, Stupid, Love. I’m told they hope to draft that comedy’s leads, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, to play the lead roles, though studio insiders said it hasn’t gotten that far yet. Focus tells the story of a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They get involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future. Ficarra and Requa, who are repped by WME, wrote Bad Santa and wrote and directed I Love You, Phillip Morris.
'Crazy, Stupid, Love' Team Reunite For 'Focus'; Will Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone Join Them?
What's Hot on Deadline
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Latest Film News
- Bollywood Star Sonam Kapoor Inks With UTA
- ‘Shut In’ Trailer: Naomi Watts, Jacob Tremblay, A Storm & Lots Of Questions
- AMC Theaters Plans Switch To Reserved Seating At All Manhattan Venues
- Gkids Picks ‘My Life As A Zucchini’, Switzerland’s Oscar Entry
- Disney Sells Faith Side Of Mira Nair’s ‘Queen Of Katwe’ With Whispers, Not Shouts
- ‘The Birth Of A Nation’ & Nate Parker Will Get Toronto Press Conference, Not From Festival But From Fox