The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Chief Operating Officer Alan Perris has renewed his contract through 2013. He will continue to oversee the day-to-day activities of the Academy and its Foundation, as well as supervise the staff. Perris reports to TV Academy Chairman Bruce Rosenblum and the Academy’s Executive Committee. On matters relating to the Academy Foundation, he continues to report to Chairman of the Board Jerry Petry and the Foundation Board of Directors. “Television is my passion, and I feel proud of what our staff, elected leadership and I have accomplished over the past six years to recognize and encourage excellence in the television industry,” said Perris, who has been with the TV Academy since 2006. Before that, he served as SVP of First Run Programming at Sony and Telepictures, president of Scripps-Howard and Post-Newsweek and SVP of Programming of the Hallmark Channel.
COO Alan Perris Re-Ups With TV Academy
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…