The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Chief Operating Officer Alan Perris has renewed his contract through 2013. He will continue to oversee the day-to-day activities of the Academy and its Foundation, as well as supervise the staff. Perris reports to TV Academy Chairman Bruce Rosenblum and the Academy’s Executive Committee. On matters relating to the Academy Foundation, he continues to report to Chairman of the Board Jerry Petry and the Foundation Board of Directors. “Television is my passion, and I feel proud of what our staff, elected leadership and I have accomplished over the past six years to recognize and encourage excellence in the television industry,” said Perris, who has been with the TV Academy since 2006. Before that, he served as SVP of First Run Programming at Sony and Telepictures, president of Scripps-Howard and Post-Newsweek and SVP of Programming of the Hallmark Channel.
COO Alan Perris Re-Ups With TV Academy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'