EXCLUSIVE: Condé Nast Entertainment Group president Dawn Ostroff said today that CNEG has named Sahar Elhabashi EVP and Chief Operating Officer. In her new role, she will report to Ostroff. This addition of the former Discovery Networks International and MTV executive comes six months after former CW Entertainment chief Ostroff became president. CNEG is charged with setting up film, TV and digital projects derived primarily from the content of Condé Nast’s 18 consumer magazines that range from GQ to Glamour, Vogue, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Bon Appetit, Condé Nast Traveler, Wired, Details and Architectural Digest. Elhabashi’s appointment also comes just more than two weeks after CNEG hired Imagine and Fox Searchlight exec Jeremy Steckler to be EVP motion pictures, and Sundance Channel exec Michael Klein to be EVP alternative programming. Elhabashi will oversee administrative, financial and strategic planning across all sectors of CNEG, including motion picture, television, digital and distribution. She will also work with others in the division’s senior management team on new business models and growth.
Conde Nast Entertainment Group Names Sahar Elhabashi Executive VP & COO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?