EXCLUSIVE: Comedy writer-producer Danielle Sanchez-Witzel has signed a two-year overall deal with CBS TV Studios. I hear the pact is purely for development, though Sanchez-Witzel could consult on CBS Studios series part-time. She will have an office on the Radford lot. This marks a change of scenery for Sanchez-Witzel, who spent the last nine years at NBC. Sanchez-Witzel came out of NBC’s diversity writing program, becoming one of the program’s biggest success stories. She is coming off two back-to-back two-year overall deals at NBC’s sister studio Universal TV. Under the pacts, she worked on several series, including a stint as a co-executive producer on the NBC/20th TV comedy My Name Is Earl and most recently as a consultant on the NBC/Uni TV freshman comedy Whitney this season. She is with UTA and attorney Karl Austen.
Comedy Writer Danielle Sanchez-Witzel Signs Deal With CBS TV Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo