EXCLUSIVE: Comedy writer-producer Danielle Sanchez-Witzel has signed a two-year overall deal with CBS TV Studios. I hear the pact is purely for development, though Sanchez-Witzel could consult on CBS Studios series part-time. She will have an office on the Radford lot. This marks a change of scenery for Sanchez-Witzel, who spent the last nine years at NBC. Sanchez-Witzel came out of NBC’s diversity writing program, becoming one of the program’s biggest success stories. She is coming off two back-to-back two-year overall deals at NBC’s sister studio Universal TV. Under the pacts, she worked on several series, including a stint as a co-executive producer on the NBC/20th TV comedy My Name Is Earl and most recently as a consultant on the NBC/Uni TV freshman comedy Whitney this season. She is with UTA and attorney Karl Austen.
Comedy Writer Danielle Sanchez-Witzel Signs Deal With CBS TV Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”