Former Daily Show correspondent Rob Riggle is set to host this year’s ESPYS, which will be broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre on Wednesday, July 11. Riggle is the latest comedian to be tapped for the ESPN sports award show, following in the footsteps of Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers, who hosted the event the past two years. Meyers is one of several former hosts who will make guest appearances at the ESPYS, which mark their 20th anniversary this year, along with Samuel Jackson (1999, 2001, 2002, and 2009), Lance Armstrong (2006) and Justin Timberlake (2008) “Why me? Straight up sex appeal,” Riggle said. “I know guys like Justin Timberlake and Seth Meyers are sexy… What can I say, I’m just another link in that sexy chain.” (Photo: Getty Images)
Comedian Rob Riggle To Host ESPYs
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate