Former Daily Show correspondent Rob Riggle is set to host this year’s ESPYS, which will be broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre on Wednesday, July 11. Riggle is the latest comedian to be tapped for the ESPN sports award show, following in the footsteps of Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers, who hosted the event the past two years. Meyers is one of several former hosts who will make guest appearances at the ESPYS, which mark their 20th anniversary this year, along with Samuel Jackson (1999, 2001, 2002, and 2009), Lance Armstrong (2006) and Justin Timberlake (2008) “Why me? Straight up sex appeal,” Riggle said. “I know guys like Justin Timberlake and Seth Meyers are sexy… What can I say, I’m just another link in that sexy chain.” (Photo: Getty Images)
Comedian Rob Riggle To Host ESPYs
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'