Former Daily Show correspondent Rob Riggle is set to host this year’s ESPYS, which will be broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre on Wednesday, July 11. Riggle is the latest comedian to be tapped for the ESPN sports award show, following in the footsteps of Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers, who hosted the event the past two years. Meyers is one of several former hosts who will make guest appearances at the ESPYS, which mark their 20th anniversary this year, along with Samuel Jackson (1999, 2001, 2002, and 2009), Lance Armstrong (2006) and Justin Timberlake (2008) “Why me? Straight up sex appeal,” Riggle said. “I know guys like Justin Timberlake and Seth Meyers are sexy… What can I say, I’m just another link in that sexy chain.” (Photo: Getty Images)
Comedian Rob Riggle To Host ESPYs
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ & ‘Taboo’ Lead BAFTA TV Craft Nominations – Full List
- ‘Trainspotting’s Kelly Macdonald To Star In BBC One Legal Thriller ‘The Victim’
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Sets Jerry O’Connell To Play Sheldon’s Brother – PaleyFest
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Season Finale: What Does Designer’s Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
- ‘Most Likely To’: Donald Faison & Laya DeLeon Hayes Cast In ABC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Magnum P.I.’ Casts Stephen Hill; ‘Dead Inside’ Adds Myles Bullock