Fox News chairman/CEO Roger Ailes referred to CNN’s Soledad O’Brien in a speech earlier this week to North Carolina journalism students as “that girl that’s named after a prison.” MediaIte, which reported Ailes’ remark, updated its report when O’Brien Tweeted a correction: “Um. I wasn’t named after a prison. Ailes is mistaken. I was named after the Virgin Mary.” O’Brien has addressed the issue before. Her name is Maria de la Soledad Teresa O’Brien. Her father chose the name Maria de la Soledad to honor the Blessed Virgin Mary of Solitude — which in Spanish is soledad.
CNN's Soledad O'Brien To Fox's Roger Ailes: 'I Was Named After The Virgin Mary'
What's Hot on Deadline
Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer and Brian De Palma On 'Scarface' F-Bombs, Chainsaw And Origin Story – Tribeca
Latest TV News
- ‘Gomorrah’ Team Underway On Cocaine Crime Series ‘ZeroZeroZero’ With Andrea Riseborough, Dane DeHaan…
- Claire McGlasson's Novel ‘The Rapture’ Being Adapted For TV By UK Firm Hillbilly
- Jimmy Kimmel: ‘Scandal’ Marks First Time Show Ended Because World Jumped The Shark
- ‘Scandal,’ Washington D.C.’s OTHER Fever Dream, Comes To An End
- ‘Scandal’ Family of Actors, Writers, Producers React To Series Finale
- NFL 2018 Schedule Is Out: Check Out The Primetime Games, Thanksgiving & More