EXCLUSIVE: In his first major TV gig, Super Bad co-star Christopher Mintz-Plasse has been tapped as one of the two leads of CBS’ comedy pilot Friend Me. Written by Alan Kirschenbaum and Ajay Sahgal, Friend Me centers on twenty-something best friends, Evan (Mintz-Plasse) and Rob (Nicholas Braun), who move from their hometown of Bloomington, Indiana to Los Angeles to begin their exciting new lives working at Groupon. Mintz-Plasse, repped by UTA and Principato-Young, was an early choice for the role in the project, produced by CBS Studios and the Tannenbaum Co. He is currently filming CBS Films’ comedy Get A Job where he coincidentally co-stars alongside Braun. Mintz-Plasse’s only previous TV credit was a guest spot on Starz’s Party Down. On the feature side, the actor, best known for his breakout role as Fogell/McLovin in Super Bad, also co-starred in Role Models, Kick-Ass, How To Trail Your Dragon and Fright Night and has the animated ParaNorman and How To Train Your Dragon 2 coming up.
Chris Mintz-Plasse To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Friend Me'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ian Sander & Kim Moses Ink First-Look Deal With 20th TV, Set Biblical Drama At Amazon
- Legal Drama From Jerry Bruckheimer & Rick Eid Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- Kevin Connolly To Star In Fox Fantasy Football Comedy From Matthew Berry
- Diego Luna & Gael García Bernal To Produce Adaptation Of Mexican Series 'Niño Santo' For A&E & Amblin TV
- Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Developing HBO Comedy With French Twist
- TNT Orders Cocaine Trade Drama Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay & Michelle Ashford