EXCLUSIVE: In his first major TV gig, Super Bad co-star Christopher Mintz-Plasse has been tapped as one of the two leads of CBS’ comedy pilot Friend Me. Written by Alan Kirschenbaum and Ajay Sahgal, Friend Me centers on twenty-something best friends, Evan (Mintz-Plasse) and Rob (Nicholas Braun), who move from their hometown of Bloomington, Indiana to Los Angeles to begin their exciting new lives working at Groupon. Mintz-Plasse, repped by UTA and Principato-Young, was an early choice for the role in the project, produced by CBS Studios and the Tannenbaum Co. He is currently filming CBS Films’ comedy Get A Job where he coincidentally co-stars alongside Braun. Mintz-Plasse’s only previous TV credit was a guest spot on Starz’s Party Down. On the feature side, the actor, best known for his breakout role as Fogell/McLovin in Super Bad, also co-starred in Role Models, Kick-Ass, How To Trail Your Dragon and Fright Night and has the animated ParaNorman and How To Train Your Dragon 2 coming up.
Chris Mintz-Plasse To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Friend Me'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55