EXCLUSIVE: In his first major TV gig, Super Bad co-star Christopher Mintz-Plasse has been tapped as one of the two leads of CBS’ comedy pilot Friend Me. Written by Alan Kirschenbaum and Ajay Sahgal, Friend Me centers on twenty-something best friends, Evan (Mintz-Plasse) and Rob (Nicholas Braun), who move from their hometown of Bloomington, Indiana to Los Angeles to begin their exciting new lives working at Groupon. Mintz-Plasse, repped by UTA and Principato-Young, was an early choice for the role in the project, produced by CBS Studios and the Tannenbaum Co. He is currently filming CBS Films’ comedy Get A Job where he coincidentally co-stars alongside Braun. Mintz-Plasse’s only previous TV credit was a guest spot on Starz’s Party Down. On the feature side, the actor, best known for his breakout role as Fogell/McLovin in Super Bad, also co-starred in Role Models, Kick-Ass, How To Trail Your Dragon and Fright Night and has the animated ParaNorman and How To Train Your Dragon 2 coming up.
Chris Mintz-Plasse To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Friend Me'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- ‘The Blacklist’ Adds Leon Rippy; Phylicia Rashad Joins ‘Empire’
- EveryWhere Studios Taps Julia Eisenman As SVP Development
- NBC Buys Cop Family Drama From Nkechi Carroll & Matt Reeves As Put Pilot
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…