EXCLUSIVE: In his first major TV gig, Super Bad co-star Christopher Mintz-Plasse has been tapped as one of the two leads of CBS’ comedy pilot Friend Me. Written by Alan Kirschenbaum and Ajay Sahgal, Friend Me centers on twenty-something best friends, Evan (Mintz-Plasse) and Rob (Nicholas Braun), who move from their hometown of Bloomington, Indiana to Los Angeles to begin their exciting new lives working at Groupon. Mintz-Plasse, repped by UTA and Principato-Young, was an early choice for the role in the project, produced by CBS Studios and the Tannenbaum Co. He is currently filming CBS Films’ comedy Get A Job where he coincidentally co-stars alongside Braun. Mintz-Plasse’s only previous TV credit was a guest spot on Starz’s Party Down. On the feature side, the actor, best known for his breakout role as Fogell/McLovin in Super Bad, also co-starred in Role Models, Kick-Ass, How To Trail Your Dragon and Fright Night and has the animated ParaNorman and How To Train Your Dragon 2 coming up.
Chris Mintz-Plasse To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Friend Me'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Ryan Lochte Dips Toe In ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Pool
- Jeanne Martin Dies: Model & Second Wife Of Dean Martin Was 89
- Fox Hit With ‘Empire’ Class Action Suit Over Filming At Juvenile Detention Center
- CW Developing Martial Law Drama ‘Rise’ From ‘Vampire Diaries’ Exec Producers
- Sarah Jones Opportunity Internship Names Its Second Recipient
- Donald Trump Delivers Fox News Channel’s Second-Best Town Hall Demo Ratings