EXCLUSIVE: In his first major TV gig, Super Bad co-star Christopher Mintz-Plasse has been tapped as one of the two leads of CBS’ comedy pilot Friend Me. Written by Alan Kirschenbaum and Ajay Sahgal, Friend Me centers on twenty-something best friends, Evan (Mintz-Plasse) and Rob (Nicholas Braun), who move from their hometown of Bloomington, Indiana to Los Angeles to begin their exciting new lives working at Groupon. Mintz-Plasse, repped by UTA and Principato-Young, was an early choice for the role in the project, produced by CBS Studios and the Tannenbaum Co. He is currently filming CBS Films’ comedy Get A Job where he coincidentally co-stars alongside Braun. Mintz-Plasse’s only previous TV credit was a guest spot on Starz’s Party Down. On the feature side, the actor, best known for his breakout role as Fogell/McLovin in Super Bad, also co-starred in Role Models, Kick-Ass, How To Trail Your Dragon and Fright Night and has the animated ParaNorman and How To Train Your Dragon 2 coming up.
Chris Mintz-Plasse To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Friend Me'
What's Hot on Deadline
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Latest TV News
- Canadian Actors Union Branch President Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Four Times
- ‘Too Old To Die Young’: Billy Baldwin Cast In Nicolas Winding Refn's Amazon Series
- ‘Blue Book’: Michael Harney & Ksenia Solo Join Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Series At History
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger: Telco Shares Dip; Donald Trump Says Deal “Not Good For The Country”
- Donald Trump Tacitly Endorses Roy Moore For Alabama Senate: “We Don’t Need A Liberal Person In There”
- Fred Armisen Spanish-Language Comedy ‘Mexico City: Only Good Things Happen’ Gets Pilot Order At HBO