Two hotly contested games gave CBS Sports the highest-rated Final Four NCAA men’s basketball ratings in seven years, but they were up only a fraction from last year. The average of 9.0/17 household rating/share on Saturday was is the best since the 10.5/19 for the Illinois-Louisville and North Carolina-Michigan State games in 2005. Vs. last year’s Butler-VCU and Connecticut-Kentucky face-offs (8.9/17), this year’s contests were up a .1 or 1%. The first game, Kentucky beating Louisville, earned a 8.4/17, up 1% from last year (Butler-VCU). CBS’ coverage drew criticism after the network switched to a replay at the very end, thus missing the final seconds of the game. The second game, in featuring Kansas’ come-from-behind victory over Ohio State, delivered a 9.6/17, up 1% from last year (Connecticut-Kentucky). CBS/Turner’s NCAA coverage this season has averaged a 5.9 rating, down 5% from last year when the two networks shared coverage from the first time but up 4% from 2010, when CBS carried the tournament by itself.
CBS' NCAA Final Four Ratings Highest Since 2005, Up Slightly From Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner On Tonight’s Death Of Carl, Lauren Cohan’s Future + More ‘Fear…
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago