For perspective, Moonves‘ increase is far less than the 40% rise in CBS‘ stock in 2011. Still, the CEO’s $69.9M package makes him by far the highest paid media CEO for the year among companies that have already filed their annual proxy statements. Here’s how Moonves’ compensation adds up: $3.5M salary, $27.5M bonus, $8.5M in stock awards, nearly $27.3M in option awards, $1.5M change in pension value, and $1.6M in other compensation. That last category includes $500,000 to help build “a dedicated work area at his home for the purpose of screening and evaluating television and film programming and other work-related activities.” The company also paid $557,600 for transportation, including personal use of CBS’ jets. The proxy says that the board rewarded Moonves for, among other things, the big jump in CBS’ stock price, his dealmaking and “in leading the CBS Television Network in solidifying its #1 position in key ratings measures.” Chairman Sumner Redstone was the second highest paid exec, with $20.3M, flat with 2010. But there’s no doubt that the board considers Moonves the star of the show. He received 60% of the pay awarded to CBS’ top five execs. His compensation was six times greater than the average for his four colleagues. Corporate governance watchdogs consider it a danger sign when a CEO makes more than three times the average pay doled out to the others in the elite group. CBS will hold its annual meeting on May 24 in New York.
CBS' Les Moonves Lands $69.9M In Compensation For 2011, Up 21%
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t Come…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The Contenders…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas