CSI maven Carol Mendelsohn, executive producer of the TNT drama pilot Scent Of The Missing, which revolves around search and rescue dogs, is behind another dog-centric project, this time on the unscripted side. CBS has picked up for summer Dogs In The City, a reality series starring New York City dog guru Justin Silver, which will premiere on May 30. In the vein of veteran Dog Whisperer, Silver, a dog trainer, behaviorist and owner of a pet care company, helps owners with any dog behavior-related problems. “Dogs are at the center of the story here, but this is a show that reveals as much about human nature as man’s best friend,” Mendelsohn said. In addition to his day job, Silver is also a comedian and founder of Funny for Fido, a nonprofit that raises money for homeless animals by producing a yearly stand-up comedy event. Dogs In The City is produced by CBS’s reality division Raquel Prods. in association with Shed Media US Inc. and Carol Mendelsohn Prods. Mendelsohn, her executive Julie Weitz, as well as Jen O’Connell and Nick Emmerson executive produce. CBS has a soft spot for reality shows about dogs. In the summer of 2008 it aired “talent” competition series Greatest American Dog, which lasted a season.
CBS Greenlights 'Dogs In The City' Reality Series Produced By Carol Mendelsohn
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Congratulates NFL For Doing “Right Thing” In New No-Kneeling Policy
- Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over ‘Arrested Development’ Interview Comments: “I Was Wrong Here”…
- ‘The Chew’ Hosts React To Cancellation Of Daytime Talk Show
- Jimmy Kimmel On Donald Trump’s Spygate: Who You Gonna Trust, FBI Or Pumpkin McPornHumper?
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Openly Interfering In Criminal Investigation With “Spygate” Conspiracy Theory
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole