CSI maven Carol Mendelsohn, executive producer of the TNT drama pilot Scent Of The Missing, which revolves around search and rescue dogs, is behind another dog-centric project, this time on the unscripted side. CBS has picked up for summer Dogs In The City, a reality series starring New York City dog guru Justin Silver, which will premiere on May 30. In the vein of veteran Dog Whisperer, Silver, a dog trainer, behaviorist and owner of a pet care company, helps owners with any dog behavior-related problems. “Dogs are at the center of the story here, but this is a show that reveals as much about human nature as man’s best friend,” Mendelsohn said. In addition to his day job, Silver is also a comedian and founder of Funny for Fido, a nonprofit that raises money for homeless animals by producing a yearly stand-up comedy event. Dogs In The City is produced by CBS’s reality division Raquel Prods. in association with Shed Media US Inc. and Carol Mendelsohn Prods. Mendelsohn, her executive Julie Weitz, as well as Jen O’Connell and Nick Emmerson executive produce. CBS has a soft spot for reality shows about dogs. In the summer of 2008 it aired “talent” competition series Greatest American Dog, which lasted a season.
CBS Greenlights 'Dogs In The City' Reality Series Produced By Carol Mendelsohn
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo