Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will make their directing debuts with individual but connected segments of the screen adaptation of Tim Winton’s best-selling short story collection The Turning. International sales company LevelK has partnered with producer Robert Connolly of Arenamedia for the project. Blanchett and Wasikowska will join 15 other acclaimed Australian directors including Benedict Andrews, Jonathan auf der Heide, Tony Ayres, Shaun Gladwell, Rhys Graham and Justin Kurzel. Each will each create chapters that link and overlap, exploring the depths of Winton’s stories. The Turning is backed by Screen Australia, with Footprint Films / Madman Entertainment handling local release in spring 2013.
Cate Blanchett, Mia Wasikowska To Direct Segments Of Aussie Pic 'The Turning'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Saturday Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board