Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will make their directing debuts with individual but connected segments of the screen adaptation of Tim Winton’s best-selling short story collection The Turning. International sales company LevelK has partnered with producer Robert Connolly of Arenamedia for the project. Blanchett and Wasikowska will join 15 other acclaimed Australian directors including Benedict Andrews, Jonathan auf der Heide, Tony Ayres, Shaun Gladwell, Rhys Graham and Justin Kurzel. Each will each create chapters that link and overlap, exploring the depths of Winton’s stories. The Turning is backed by Screen Australia, with Footprint Films / Madman Entertainment handling local release in spring 2013.
Cate Blanchett, Mia Wasikowska To Direct Segments Of Aussie Pic 'The Turning'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Film News
- ‘Kilo Two Bravo’ Director & Writer Ink With Verve
- Matthew McConaughey To Present Reese Witherspoon With American Cinematheque Honor
- ‘Castle’s Tamala Jones Producing Tammi Terrell Biopic
- Matt Dillon Moving From ‘Wayward Pines’ To UTA
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, To Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Tucker Tooley Leaving As Relativity President For “Creative Side” Of Business