Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will make their directing debuts with individual but connected segments of the screen adaptation of Tim Winton’s best-selling short story collection The Turning. International sales company LevelK has partnered with producer Robert Connolly of Arenamedia for the project. Blanchett and Wasikowska will join 15 other acclaimed Australian directors including Benedict Andrews, Jonathan auf der Heide, Tony Ayres, Shaun Gladwell, Rhys Graham and Justin Kurzel. Each will each create chapters that link and overlap, exploring the depths of Winton’s stories. The Turning is backed by Screen Australia, with Footprint Films / Madman Entertainment handling local release in spring 2013.
Cate Blanchett, Mia Wasikowska To Direct Segments Of Aussie Pic 'The Turning'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ASC Awards: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Wins For Theatrical, 'The Crown' Tops TV — Complete Winners List
- ‘Unbanned: The Legend Of AJ1’ Trailer Looks At Sneaker Culture
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Crossing $900M WW Box Office This Weekend
- Three Billboards From Florida To England: Movie’s Protest Tactic Spreads
- ‘Black Panther’ Rises To $82M Through Friday; $150M+ Weekend In Sight – International Box Office
- ‘Cuban Food Stories’ First Teaser: Asori Soto’s Road Trip Food Adventure – Berlin