Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will make their directing debuts with individual but connected segments of the screen adaptation of Tim Winton’s best-selling short story collection The Turning. International sales company LevelK has partnered with producer Robert Connolly of Arenamedia for the project. Blanchett and Wasikowska will join 15 other acclaimed Australian directors including Benedict Andrews, Jonathan auf der Heide, Tony Ayres, Shaun Gladwell, Rhys Graham and Justin Kurzel. Each will each create chapters that link and overlap, exploring the depths of Winton’s stories. The Turning is backed by Screen Australia, with Footprint Films / Madman Entertainment handling local release in spring 2013.
Cate Blanchett, Mia Wasikowska To Direct Segments Of Aussie Pic 'The Turning'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest Film News
- Paramount Lands ‘Conquest’; Plan To Re-Team ‘The Revenant’s Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark…
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down ‘Caesar’ – Saturday…
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Campaigns Turn Serious In The Race That Is TOO CLOSE TO CALL
- Ed Helms, Amanda Seyfried Lead Cast Of Comedy ‘The Clapper’