Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will make their directing debuts with individual but connected segments of the screen adaptation of Tim Winton’s best-selling short story collection The Turning. International sales company LevelK has partnered with producer Robert Connolly of Arenamedia for the project. Blanchett and Wasikowska will join 15 other acclaimed Australian directors including Benedict Andrews, Jonathan auf der Heide, Tony Ayres, Shaun Gladwell, Rhys Graham and Justin Kurzel. Each will each create chapters that link and overlap, exploring the depths of Winton’s stories. The Turning is backed by Screen Australia, with Footprint Films / Madman Entertainment handling local release in spring 2013.
Cate Blanchett, Mia Wasikowska To Direct Segments Of Aussie Pic 'The Turning'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest Film News
- Tommy Gargotta Tops Theatrical Marketing At Relativity EuropaCorp Distribution
- Michael Keaton Starrer ‘The Founder’ Gets Release Date; Focus World Rounds Out 2015 Slate
- Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short ‘Sundays’ Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
- Oscars: Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Not Returning In 2016; Academy Starts New Producer Search
- All3Media Nearing Deal To Acquire Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions
- Talent Agency Launches Biz Development Arm Verve Ventures; Amy Beecroft Will Steer It