Marvel Television, the TV arm of Marvel Entertainment, has signed with CAA. The decision was made after the company, which didn’t have agency representation, met with several major agencies. I hear key in the signing was the existing relationship between Marvel TV topper Jeph Loeb and CAA’s Chris Harbert, who was his former agent. The relationship with CAA will cover Marvel TV’s live-action efforts but won’t apply to animation. Since its 2010 launch, Marvel TV has been based at ABC Studios since Marvel Entertainment is owned by Disney, which bought the comic book giant in 2009 for $4 billion. Over the past 2 years, Marvel TV has put in development several projects based on comics from its library, including Hulk with Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick and Aka Jessica Jones with Melissa Rosenberg at ABC, The Punisher with Ed Bernero at Fox, Cloak & Dagger at ABC Family and Mockingbird.
CAA Signs Marvel Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Clinton Camp Demands More Info As FBI Ponders Emails Found In Anthony Weiner Probe – Update
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV