Marvel Television, the TV arm of Marvel Entertainment, has signed with CAA. The decision was made after the company, which didn’t have agency representation, met with several major agencies. I hear key in the signing was the existing relationship between Marvel TV topper Jeph Loeb and CAA’s Chris Harbert, who was his former agent. The relationship with CAA will cover Marvel TV’s live-action efforts but won’t apply to animation. Since its 2010 launch, Marvel TV has been based at ABC Studios since Marvel Entertainment is owned by Disney, which bought the comic book giant in 2009 for $4 billion. Over the past 2 years, Marvel TV has put in development several projects based on comics from its library, including Hulk with Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick and Aka Jessica Jones with Melissa Rosenberg at ABC, The Punisher with Ed Bernero at Fox, Cloak & Dagger at ABC Family and Mockingbird.
CAA Signs Marvel Television
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'