Marvel Television, the TV arm of Marvel Entertainment, has signed with CAA. The decision was made after the company, which didn’t have agency representation, met with several major agencies. I hear key in the signing was the existing relationship between Marvel TV topper Jeph Loeb and CAA’s Chris Harbert, who was his former agent. The relationship with CAA will cover Marvel TV’s live-action efforts but won’t apply to animation. Since its 2010 launch, Marvel TV has been based at ABC Studios since Marvel Entertainment is owned by Disney, which bought the comic book giant in 2009 for $4 billion. Over the past 2 years, Marvel TV has put in development several projects based on comics from its library, including Hulk with Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick and Aka Jessica Jones with Melissa Rosenberg at ABC, The Punisher with Ed Bernero at Fox, Cloak & Dagger at ABC Family and Mockingbird.
CAA Signs Marvel Television
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest TV News
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts