Marvel Television, the TV arm of Marvel Entertainment, has signed with CAA. The decision was made after the company, which didn’t have agency representation, met with several major agencies. I hear key in the signing was the existing relationship between Marvel TV topper Jeph Loeb and CAA’s Chris Harbert, who was his former agent. The relationship with CAA will cover Marvel TV’s live-action efforts but won’t apply to animation. Since its 2010 launch, Marvel TV has been based at ABC Studios since Marvel Entertainment is owned by Disney, which bought the comic book giant in 2009 for $4 billion. Over the past 2 years, Marvel TV has put in development several projects based on comics from its library, including Hulk with Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick and Aka Jessica Jones with Melissa Rosenberg at ABC, The Punisher with Ed Bernero at Fox, Cloak & Dagger at ABC Family and Mockingbird.
CAA Signs Marvel Television
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
- 'How To Get Away With Murder' Ends Fall Run On High Ratings Note, 'Reign' Hits Low
- Jimmy Fallon, John Krasinski And Stephen Merchant To Produce & Perform On Lip Sync Battle Series For Spike