EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Greenberg is leaving CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti multi-camera comedy pilot, in which he was to play the male lead opposite JoAnna Garcia. The decision was made after the project’s table read this morning. I hear it has to do with the heightened tone and dynamic of a multi-camera show and Greenberg, who is coming off a darker, single-camera half-hour, HBO’s single-camera comedy How To Make It In America, not quite fitting in. The role of Nick, which Greenberg was cast in, is now being recast. The Warner Bros./Berlanti Prods. project, also known as Oh F**k It’s You, centers on Nick, a notorious womanizer who, after surviving a health scare, realizes that “The One” he has never found is actually his best friend of 15 years, Wendy (Garcia). The problem is that Wendy is engaged to a guy Nick likes; she and Nick own a business together; and their attempt at dating back in college was a disaster. Greenberg was one of the sought-after actors this season with two broadcast pilots vying for him.
Bryan Greenberg Exits CBS' Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”