EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Greenberg is leaving CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti multi-camera comedy pilot, in which he was to play the male lead opposite JoAnna Garcia. The decision was made after the project’s table read this morning. I hear it has to do with the heightened tone and dynamic of a multi-camera show and Greenberg, who is coming off a darker, single-camera half-hour, HBO’s single-camera comedy How To Make It In America, not quite fitting in. The role of Nick, which Greenberg was cast in, is now being recast. The Warner Bros./Berlanti Prods. project, also known as Oh F**k It’s You, centers on Nick, a notorious womanizer who, after surviving a health scare, realizes that “The One” he has never found is actually his best friend of 15 years, Wendy (Garcia). The problem is that Wendy is engaged to a guy Nick likes; she and Nick own a business together; and their attempt at dating back in college was a disaster. Greenberg was one of the sought-after actors this season with two broadcast pilots vying for him.
Bryan Greenberg Exits CBS' Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Teams With ‘The McCarthys’ Creator For ABC Hotel Comedy Based On Her Experiences
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race