EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Greenberg is leaving CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti multi-camera comedy pilot, in which he was to play the male lead opposite JoAnna Garcia. The decision was made after the project’s table read this morning. I hear it has to do with the heightened tone and dynamic of a multi-camera show and Greenberg, who is coming off a darker, single-camera half-hour, HBO’s single-camera comedy How To Make It In America, not quite fitting in. The role of Nick, which Greenberg was cast in, is now being recast. The Warner Bros./Berlanti Prods. project, also known as Oh F**k It’s You, centers on Nick, a notorious womanizer who, after surviving a health scare, realizes that “The One” he has never found is actually his best friend of 15 years, Wendy (Garcia). The problem is that Wendy is engaged to a guy Nick likes; she and Nick own a business together; and their attempt at dating back in college was a disaster. Greenberg was one of the sought-after actors this season with two broadcast pilots vying for him.
Bryan Greenberg Exits CBS' Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Furniss’ Drama From Kyle Killen & Macon Blain In Series Consideration At AMC
- CNN Defends Jim Acosta Again As Trump Press Conference Fallout Continues
- David Haydn Jones Joins ‘Supernatural’ As Mystery Character
- Breaking Glass Pictures Breaking Into TV Series
- Donald Trump’s Next Sit-Down Interview: ‘Fox & Friends’
- ‘Taboo’ Premiere Draws 3.4M Viewers In L+3 For FX