EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Greenberg is leaving CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti multi-camera comedy pilot, in which he was to play the male lead opposite JoAnna Garcia. The decision was made after the project’s table read this morning. I hear it has to do with the heightened tone and dynamic of a multi-camera show and Greenberg, who is coming off a darker, single-camera half-hour, HBO’s single-camera comedy How To Make It In America, not quite fitting in. The role of Nick, which Greenberg was cast in, is now being recast. The Warner Bros./Berlanti Prods. project, also known as Oh F**k It’s You, centers on Nick, a notorious womanizer who, after surviving a health scare, realizes that “The One” he has never found is actually his best friend of 15 years, Wendy (Garcia). The problem is that Wendy is engaged to a guy Nick likes; she and Nick own a business together; and their attempt at dating back in college was a disaster. Greenberg was one of the sought-after actors this season with two broadcast pilots vying for him.
Bryan Greenberg Exits CBS' Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Mariah’s World’: Mariah Carey’s E! Series Premiere Draws 4 Million Total Viewers
- 21st Century Fox Reaches Preliminary Deal To Acquire UK’s Sky
- HBO Developing Space Drama From J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot & Writer Javier Gullón
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Gurney Productions Founders Fired & Sued For Fraud By ITV
- Chiefs Win Sees ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Fall, ‘Pitch’ Up, ‘Notorious’ Low
- Cinemax Returns To Action, Pulpy Series & Co-Prods In New Programming Strategy