Bravo has acquired the TV rights for the Sundance documentary, The Queen of Versailles, directed by Lauren Greenfield who won Best Director at this year’s festival for the docu. The Queen of Versailles, which chronicles a wealthy family’s, billionaires Jackie and David Siegel, turn of fortune, will premiere on the channel in 2013. “The Queen of Versailles struck an immediate chord for us, depicting in intense and compelling detail, the impact of the recession through the experience of one very affluent family,” said Frances Berwick, President of Bravo Media and Style. “It’s gripping, verité filmmaking at its finest.” theatrically, the documentary was acquired by Magnolia Pictures, which is planning a summer release.
Bravo Acquires Sundance Documentary 'The Queen Of Versailles'
What's Hot on Deadline
DVR Gains Raise Renewal Prospects For Sunday Newbies 'Secrets & Lies' & 'Last Man On Earth', Justify 'Royals' Pickup
Latest TV News
- Trailer For J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ On HBO
- NCAA Tournament Ratings Jump From First Friday, ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Finale Even
- DVR Gains Raise Renewal Prospects For Sunday Newbies ‘Secrets & Lies’ & ‘Last Man On Earth’, Justify ‘Royals…
- Bill Maher To PC Liberals: “Shut Up”
- Trevor Noah’s Fast Track To Replace Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘Furious 7′ Stars Take Over ‘Kimmel’ Next Week; NBC Late-Nighters Slim On Guests From Universal Pic