Bravo has acquired the TV rights for the Sundance documentary, The Queen of Versailles, directed by Lauren Greenfield who won Best Director at this year’s festival for the docu. The Queen of Versailles, which chronicles a wealthy family’s, billionaires Jackie and David Siegel, turn of fortune, will premiere on the channel in 2013. “The Queen of Versailles struck an immediate chord for us, depicting in intense and compelling detail, the impact of the recession through the experience of one very affluent family,” said Frances Berwick, President of Bravo Media and Style. “It’s gripping, verité filmmaking at its finest.” theatrically, the documentary was acquired by Magnolia Pictures, which is planning a summer release.
Bravo Acquires Sundance Documentary 'The Queen Of Versailles'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016