Bravo has acquired the TV rights for the Sundance documentary, The Queen of Versailles, directed by Lauren Greenfield who won Best Director at this year’s festival for the docu. The Queen of Versailles, which chronicles a wealthy family’s, billionaires Jackie and David Siegel, turn of fortune, will premiere on the channel in 2013. “The Queen of Versailles struck an immediate chord for us, depicting in intense and compelling detail, the impact of the recession through the experience of one very affluent family,” said Frances Berwick, President of Bravo Media and Style. “It’s gripping, verité filmmaking at its finest.” theatrically, the documentary was acquired by Magnolia Pictures, which is planning a summer release.
Bravo Acquires Sundance Documentary 'The Queen Of Versailles'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Eva Longoria To Produce Texas Political Drama For ABC With Conde Nast