Bravo has acquired the TV rights for the Sundance documentary, The Queen of Versailles, directed by Lauren Greenfield who won Best Director at this year’s festival for the docu. The Queen of Versailles, which chronicles a wealthy family’s, billionaires Jackie and David Siegel, turn of fortune, will premiere on the channel in 2013. “The Queen of Versailles struck an immediate chord for us, depicting in intense and compelling detail, the impact of the recession through the experience of one very affluent family,” said Frances Berwick, President of Bravo Media and Style. “It’s gripping, verité filmmaking at its finest.” theatrically, the documentary was acquired by Magnolia Pictures, which is planning a summer release.
Bravo Acquires Sundance Documentary 'The Queen Of Versailles'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Review: HBO’s Violent Epic More ‘Grand Theft Auto’ Than ‘Game Of Thrones…
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ Star Jon Seda Moving To ‘Chicago Justice’ As Series Regular
- Babymetal Teams With Warner Bros On Live-Action Animated Digital Series
- Agnes Nixon Dies: Creator Of ‘All My Children’ & ‘One Life To Live’ Was 88
- Ilene Chaiken, Betsy Beers & More Set For Women In Entertainment Summit
- ‘You’re The Worst’ Gets Season 4 Renewal From FXX