Bravo has acquired the TV rights for the Sundance documentary, The Queen of Versailles, directed by Lauren Greenfield who won Best Director at this year’s festival for the docu. The Queen of Versailles, which chronicles a wealthy family’s, billionaires Jackie and David Siegel, turn of fortune, will premiere on the channel in 2013. “The Queen of Versailles struck an immediate chord for us, depicting in intense and compelling detail, the impact of the recession through the experience of one very affluent family,” said Frances Berwick, President of Bravo Media and Style. “It’s gripping, verité filmmaking at its finest.” theatrically, the documentary was acquired by Magnolia Pictures, which is planning a summer release.
Bravo Acquires Sundance Documentary 'The Queen Of Versailles'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest TV News
- ‘Cleveland Abduction’ Ratings: Premiere Snags 3.1M Viewers On Lifetime
- ICM Partners Launches TV Production Department Run By Sean Freidin & Janet Carol Norton
- ‘The Magicians’ Picked Up To Series By Syfy
- ‘Duck Commander Musical’ Fast-Flops In Las Vegas
- ‘Tyrant’ Season 2 Trailer: “Blood Guarantees Nothing” Bad News For Barry
- ‘Make It Pop’ Renewed For Season 2 By Nickelodeon