EXCLUSIVE: Bent star David Walton has been tapped as the male lead opposite JoAnna Garcia in CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti multi-camera comedy pilot. He replaces Bryan Greenberg, who was originally cast in the role but exited after yesterday’s table read. Walton is formally billed as a guest star on the CBS pilot as the project is in second position to NBC’s softly-rated Bent, which completed its short midseason run last night and doesn’t appear likely to come back. Gersh-repped Walton has been in demand for the past few pilot seasons. Last year, he booked the male lead opposite Amanda Peet in Bent in second position to another midseason NBC comedy series, Perfect Couples. The Malins/Berlanti project, also known as Oh F**k It’s You, centers on Nick (Walton), a notorious womanizer who, after surviving a health scare, realizes that “The One” he has never found is actually his best friend of 15 years, Wendy (Garcia). The problem is that Wendy is engaged to a guy Nick likes; she and Nick own a business together; and their attempt at dating back in college was a disaster.
'Bent's David Walton To Star In CBS' Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Conan O’Brien Visits Jerusalem; Shares Trump’s Peace Plan Which Includes A Hotel Casino & Hummus Fountain
- Donald Trump Says Ratings For This Year’s Emmys Were “The Worst Ever”
- Damon Lindelof Teases Start Of ‘Watchmen’ Series At HBO
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees
- ‘Deadlier Than The Male’: Bryant Tardy Cast In TNT Drama Pilot
- Hillary Clinton To Colbert: Donald Trump UN Speech “Dark, Dangerous”