BBC America has come on board to co-produce the new British mini-series The Spies of Warsaw starring Doctor Who‘s David Tennant and Janet Montgomery (Black Swan), which was announced by the BBC last week as commissioned for pubcaster’s BBC Four channel. Adapted by Emmy-winning writers Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais from Alan Furst’s novel, Spies Of Warsaw is set in Poland, Paris, London and Berlin in the years leading up to the Second World War. Production begins next month in Poland. In the US, the mini-series will air as part of BBC America’s Dramaville programming block. BBC America joins existing co-producers Fresh Pictures, Apple Film for TV Poland in association with Arte France and BBC Worldwide. The cast of the mini also includes Anton Lesser, Burn Gorman, Richard Lintern, Dan Fredenburgh, Ludger Pistor, Ann Eleonora Jørgensen and Jan Pohl.
BBC America To Co-Produce British Mini 'Spies Of Warsaw' Starring David Tennant
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles
- AMC Networks’ Josh Sapan Made $30.5M In 2016, Up 72.4%, Proxy Shows
- ‘Shooter’: Patrick Sabongui, Troy Garity & Jaina Lee Ortiz Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine…