Pierre Morel will helm Bastille Day, the Andrew Baldwin-scripted actioner about a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city. Anonymous Content developed the project with Baldwin and brought it to Vendome Pictures, which acquired the material on spec before it became available to others. Vendome CEO Philippe Rousselet will produce with Anonymous’ Steve Golin, Bard Dorros, and David Kanter. Vendome’s president of production Guy Stodel and VP Production and Development Sarah Schweitzman will oversee for Vendome, which is fully financing production. Morel, repped by CAA and Sentient Entertainment, helmed the Liam Neeson-starrer Taken and is currently directing ABC’s pilot Zero Hour. Baldwin is a busy guy, having recently written The Outsider, a Black List script in preproduction at Warner Bros with Daniel Espinoza directing. He also is writing Logan’s Run for Warners with Nicolas Winding Refn directing and Ryan Gosling starring. He is repped by CAA and Anonymous.
Vendome Teams With Anonymous Content For 'Bastille Day' Pic; Pierre Morel To Direct
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa