Pierre Morel will helm Bastille Day, the Andrew Baldwin-scripted actioner about a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city. Anonymous Content developed the project with Baldwin and brought it to Vendome Pictures, which acquired the material on spec before it became available to others. Vendome CEO Philippe Rousselet will produce with Anonymous’ Steve Golin, Bard Dorros, and David Kanter. Vendome’s president of production Guy Stodel and VP Production and Development Sarah Schweitzman will oversee for Vendome, which is fully financing production. Morel, repped by CAA and Sentient Entertainment, helmed the Liam Neeson-starrer Taken and is currently directing ABC’s pilot Zero Hour. Baldwin is a busy guy, having recently written The Outsider, a Black List script in preproduction at Warner Bros with Daniel Espinoza directing. He also is writing Logan’s Run for Warners with Nicolas Winding Refn directing and Ryan Gosling starring. He is repped by CAA and Anonymous.
Vendome Teams With Anonymous Content For 'Bastille Day' Pic; Pierre Morel To Direct
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'