Pierre Morel will helm Bastille Day, the Andrew Baldwin-scripted actioner about a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city. Anonymous Content developed the project with Baldwin and brought it to Vendome Pictures, which acquired the material on spec before it became available to others. Vendome CEO Philippe Rousselet will produce with Anonymous’ Steve Golin, Bard Dorros, and David Kanter. Vendome’s president of production Guy Stodel and VP Production and Development Sarah Schweitzman will oversee for Vendome, which is fully financing production. Morel, repped by CAA and Sentient Entertainment, helmed the Liam Neeson-starrer Taken and is currently directing ABC’s pilot Zero Hour. Baldwin is a busy guy, having recently written The Outsider, a Black List script in preproduction at Warner Bros with Daniel Espinoza directing. He also is writing Logan’s Run for Warners with Nicolas Winding Refn directing and Ryan Gosling starring. He is repped by CAA and Anonymous.
Vendome Teams With Anonymous Content For 'Bastille Day' Pic; Pierre Morel To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Issues Second Apology After Best Picture Gaffe
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge