Pierre Morel will helm Bastille Day, the Andrew Baldwin-scripted actioner about a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city. Anonymous Content developed the project with Baldwin and brought it to Vendome Pictures, which acquired the material on spec before it became available to others. Vendome CEO Philippe Rousselet will produce with Anonymous’ Steve Golin, Bard Dorros, and David Kanter. Vendome’s president of production Guy Stodel and VP Production and Development Sarah Schweitzman will oversee for Vendome, which is fully financing production. Morel, repped by CAA and Sentient Entertainment, helmed the Liam Neeson-starrer Taken and is currently directing ABC’s pilot Zero Hour. Baldwin is a busy guy, having recently written The Outsider, a Black List script in preproduction at Warner Bros with Daniel Espinoza directing. He also is writing Logan’s Run for Warners with Nicolas Winding Refn directing and Ryan Gosling starring. He is repped by CAA and Anonymous.
Vendome Teams With Anonymous Content For 'Bastille Day' Pic; Pierre Morel To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Gets Pioneer Of The Year Award, Urges Diversity And Inclusion – CinemaCon
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon