BREAKING… Antoine Fuqua has been offered Olympus Has Fallen, the White House takeover script by Creighton Rothenberger & Katrin Benedikt that Gerry Butler will star in for Avi Lerner’s Millennium. Fuqua is thinking it over, but he’s mulling numerous other jobs too, including Chicagoland, a crime story for New Line with a script by Peter Morgan. He’ll also be in the mix for the 24 movie when that comes back around on Kiefer Sutherland’s next hiatus. Fuqua’s repped by CAA. There is a reason for Lerner to want to hurry, after Roland Emmerich signed to direct a similar project, White House Down at Sony. Both are Die Hard At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and how many of those can you have?
Antoine Fuqua Offered 'Olympus Has Fallen'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- SXSW Apollo Documentary ‘Mission Control’ Rockets To Gravitas Ventures
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records – Box Office
- China’s Recon Buys 51% Of Millennium Films For $100M
- AMC Networks Shares Jump After Q4 Earnings Top Expectations – Update
- India Censor Denies Release Of ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’; Cites “Lady Oriented” Story
- Toronto Film Fest Reducing Lineup By 20%; Retires Vanguard, City To City Sections