An animated Angry Birds series of 52 episodes will be flocking to all possible devices ahead of next fall. Nick Dorra, head of animation at game producer Rovio, said the episodes will run 2.5-3 minutes with partnership discussions underway. “We want to be present on all possible screens,” he told MIPTV attendees. However, he also said an Angry Birds feature film is not imminently on the cards. “It’s in development, but it won’t be out in 2013 or 2014,” he said. In June last year, Rovio hired former Marvel chairman David Maisel as a special advisor to help build the company’s entertainment strategy and transition it into new areas in the entertainment space. Going the animated series route, Dorra said, is about “telling more engaging stories…and deeper thoughts, deeper feelings of the characters, such as, why are they always angry?”
'Angry Birds' Animated Series Coming Soon, But No Feature Before 2015: MIPTV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward