He couldn’t use the “Sorry, this has actually never happened to me” excuse this time. Eight months after Anderson Cooper’s giggling fit triggered by a poo-poo joke in a RidicuList segment about French actor Gerard Depardieu’s alleged public urination on a plane, he did it again last night, once again during his tongue-in-cheek RidicuList. This time the trigger phrase was “pussy willow” in a segment about an obscure Polish American post-lent holiday called Dyngus Day. While struggling to regain composure amidst giggles, Cooper uttered “This is so stupid,” a phrase that appeared directed at the holiday. But after facing criticism from Polish organizations, Cooper today insisted that was not the case. “I am concerned to hear that some people believe that I called Dyngus Day celebrations ‘stupid’ or in any way criticized this holiday. I did not,” Cooper said. “While in the midst of a silly giggle fit I said ‘this is so stupid’ in reference to my inability to stop laughing… I am genuinely sorry if I offended anyone by the lighthearted tone of the RidicuList.” Video below, Cooper breaks down around the 1:30 minute mark.
Anderson Cooper Has Another Giggling Fit On Air, Apologizes For “Stupid” Comment
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President