He couldn’t use the “Sorry, this has actually never happened to me” excuse this time. Eight months after Anderson Cooper’s giggling fit triggered by a poo-poo joke in a RidicuList segment about French actor Gerard Depardieu’s alleged public urination on a plane, he did it again last night, once again during his tongue-in-cheek RidicuList. This time the trigger phrase was “pussy willow” in a segment about an obscure Polish American post-lent holiday called Dyngus Day. While struggling to regain composure amidst giggles, Cooper uttered “This is so stupid,” a phrase that appeared directed at the holiday. But after facing criticism from Polish organizations, Cooper today insisted that was not the case. “I am concerned to hear that some people believe that I called Dyngus Day celebrations ‘stupid’ or in any way criticized this holiday. I did not,” Cooper said. “While in the midst of a silly giggle fit I said ‘this is so stupid’ in reference to my inability to stop laughing… I am genuinely sorry if I offended anyone by the lighthearted tone of the RidicuList.” Video below, Cooper breaks down around the 1:30 minute mark.
Anderson Cooper Has Another Giggling Fit On Air, Apologizes For “Stupid” Comment
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup