He couldn’t use the “Sorry, this has actually never happened to me” excuse this time. Eight months after Anderson Cooper’s giggling fit triggered by a poo-poo joke in a RidicuList segment about French actor Gerard Depardieu’s alleged public urination on a plane, he did it again last night, once again during his tongue-in-cheek RidicuList. This time the trigger phrase was “pussy willow” in a segment about an obscure Polish American post-lent holiday called Dyngus Day. While struggling to regain composure amidst giggles, Cooper uttered “This is so stupid,” a phrase that appeared directed at the holiday. But after facing criticism from Polish organizations, Cooper today insisted that was not the case. “I am concerned to hear that some people believe that I called Dyngus Day celebrations ‘stupid’ or in any way criticized this holiday. I did not,” Cooper said. “While in the midst of a silly giggle fit I said ‘this is so stupid’ in reference to my inability to stop laughing… I am genuinely sorry if I offended anyone by the lighthearted tone of the RidicuList.” Video below, Cooper breaks down around the 1:30 minute mark.
Anderson Cooper Has Another Giggling Fit On Air, Apologizes For “Stupid” Comment
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better