He couldn’t use the “Sorry, this has actually never happened to me” excuse this time. Eight months after Anderson Cooper’s giggling fit triggered by a poo-poo joke in a RidicuList segment about French actor Gerard Depardieu’s alleged public urination on a plane, he did it again last night, once again during his tongue-in-cheek RidicuList. This time the trigger phrase was “pussy willow” in a segment about an obscure Polish American post-lent holiday called Dyngus Day. While struggling to regain composure amidst giggles, Cooper uttered “This is so stupid,” a phrase that appeared directed at the holiday. But after facing criticism from Polish organizations, Cooper today insisted that was not the case. “I am concerned to hear that some people believe that I called Dyngus Day celebrations ‘stupid’ or in any way criticized this holiday. I did not,” Cooper said. “While in the midst of a silly giggle fit I said ‘this is so stupid’ in reference to my inability to stop laughing… I am genuinely sorry if I offended anyone by the lighthearted tone of the RidicuList.” Video below, Cooper breaks down around the 1:30 minute mark.
Anderson Cooper Has Another Giggling Fit On Air, Apologizes For “Stupid” Comment
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- ‘Black Lightning’: CW Series’ Key Art Unveiled
- ‘Homeland’ Season 7 Trailer: Carrie Is Back In D.C. To Take On The Keane Administration
- BET & Viacom Settle Discrimination Suit With Ex-Original Programming Head
- Patriots Lose But ‘Monday Night Football’ Ratings Rise, ‘Better Late Than Never’ Off In Return But Improves On ‘The Brave…
- ‘Unsolved’: Amirah Vann Set To Recur In USA's Tupac Shakur Biggie Smalls Series
- African American Film Critics All In With ‘Get Out’