PREVIOUS: Can anyone imagine American Idol without host Ryan Seacrest? Fox and the show’s producers faced that possibility today with Seacrest sidelined by illness. According to TMZ, the host had been throwing up and couldn’t attend the dress rehearsal, which was emceed by Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe. Idol producers have been scrambling today to find a backup for Seacrest. I hear they tried to get Cat Deeley, host of Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, to sub for him, with Lythgoe also on standby. Meanwhile, there are strong indications that despite his illness, Seacrest, who just closed a new two-year deal for Idol, will still make it on stage as he has for every episode in the show’s 11 seasons to date.
'American Idol' Scrambling To Find Substitute For Ailing Host Ryan Seacrest
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox