PREVIOUS: Can anyone imagine American Idol without host Ryan Seacrest? Fox and the show’s producers faced that possibility today with Seacrest sidelined by illness. According to TMZ, the host had been throwing up and couldn’t attend the dress rehearsal, which was emceed by Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe. Idol producers have been scrambling today to find a backup for Seacrest. I hear they tried to get Cat Deeley, host of Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, to sub for him, with Lythgoe also on standby. Meanwhile, there are strong indications that despite his illness, Seacrest, who just closed a new two-year deal for Idol, will still make it on stage as he has for every episode in the show’s 11 seasons to date.
'American Idol' Scrambling To Find Substitute For Ailing Host Ryan Seacrest
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report