PREVIOUS: Can anyone imagine American Idol without host Ryan Seacrest? Fox and the show’s producers faced that possibility today with Seacrest sidelined by illness. According to TMZ, the host had been throwing up and couldn’t attend the dress rehearsal, which was emceed by Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe. Idol producers have been scrambling today to find a backup for Seacrest. I hear they tried to get Cat Deeley, host of Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, to sub for him, with Lythgoe also on standby. Meanwhile, there are strong indications that despite his illness, Seacrest, who just closed a new two-year deal for Idol, will still make it on stage as he has for every episode in the show’s 11 seasons to date.
'American Idol' Scrambling To Find Substitute For Ailing Host Ryan Seacrest
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Anthony Scaramucci Might Attend Politicon Confab After All
- ‘The Night Shift’ Ratings Hit Season High; ‘Big Brother’ & CBS Top Night
- ‘Secret Life Of Muslims’ Web Series Returns For Season 2 With Funding Push
- 'My Dinner With Hervé': Mark Povinelli & Helena Mattsson Join Cast Of HBO Movie
- ‘Transparent’ Season 4 Trailer: Maura & Family Head To Israel
- Ryan Lizza Punches Back At Anthony Scaramucci Claims About Profane Interview