PREVIOUS: Can anyone imagine American Idol without host Ryan Seacrest? Fox and the show’s producers faced that possibility today with Seacrest sidelined by illness. According to TMZ, the host had been throwing up and couldn’t attend the dress rehearsal, which was emceed by Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe. Idol producers have been scrambling today to find a backup for Seacrest. I hear they tried to get Cat Deeley, host of Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, to sub for him, with Lythgoe also on standby. Meanwhile, there are strong indications that despite his illness, Seacrest, who just closed a new two-year deal for Idol, will still make it on stage as he has for every episode in the show’s 11 seasons to date.
'American Idol' Scrambling To Find Substitute For Ailing Host Ryan Seacrest
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…