PREVIOUS: Can anyone imagine American Idol without host Ryan Seacrest? Fox and the show’s producers faced that possibility today with Seacrest sidelined by illness. According to TMZ, the host had been throwing up and couldn’t attend the dress rehearsal, which was emceed by Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe. Idol producers have been scrambling today to find a backup for Seacrest. I hear they tried to get Cat Deeley, host of Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, to sub for him, with Lythgoe also on standby. Meanwhile, there are strong indications that despite his illness, Seacrest, who just closed a new two-year deal for Idol, will still make it on stage as he has for every episode in the show’s 11 seasons to date.
'American Idol' Scrambling To Find Substitute For Ailing Host Ryan Seacrest
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘The Chew’ Hosts React To Cancellation Of Daytime Talk Show
- Jimmy Kimmel On Donald Trump’s Spygate: Who You Gonna Trust, FBI Or Pumpkin McPornHumper?
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Openly Interfering In Criminal Investigation With “Spygate” Conspiracy Theory
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”
- ‘9-1-1’: Ryan Guzman Joins Fox Drama As Firefighter