EXCLUSIVE: A&E Network in staying on the “war”path. The cable network has ordered new 26-episode seasons of its flagship series Storage Wars and hot freshmen Storage Wars: Texas and Shipping Wars. All three will launch this summer. The season 2 premiere of Storage Wars last summer became the A&E’s most watched series telecast of all time with 5.1 million total viewers and the highest-rated in adults 18-49 and 25-54 with 2.9 million viewers in each demo. The series’ second season averaged 4.7 million total viewers, up 68% from Season 1, with Storage Wars ranking as A&E’s No.1 series of all time and the No. 3 non-fiction show on cable among adults 25-54. Spinoff Storage Wars: Texas premiered this past December with 4.1 million total viewers and 2.1 million adults 25-54 for the most-watched original series launch in the network’s history in both categories. A month later, Shipping Wars debuted to solid 3 million total viewers. “America is at a crossroads where people are finding new ways to make money and earn a living,” said A&E’s EVP programming Davod McKillop. “We’re holding a mirror up to this trend in our programming and it’s proven to be incredibly relatable to our viewers yet remain highly entertaining.” Storage Wars and Storage Wars: Texas are produced by Original Prods., with Thom Beers and Philip D. Segal executive producing. Shipping Wars is produced by Megalomedia, with Jonathan Nowzaradan executive producing.
A&E Renews 'Storage Wars', 'Storage Wars: Texas' And 'Shipping Wars'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest TV News
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May…
- ‘Rectify’ Star Aden Young Inks With ICM Partners