I’ve learned that production on ABC’s comedy pilot Counter Culture has been stopped because of an injury suffered by one of its stars, Delta Burke, who had a fall on the set yesterday. The multi-camera pilot had been doing pre-shoots, with the main taping in front of a live audience scheduled for tomorrow. Word is Burke will be sidelined for at least a week, but producers are still hoping to finish the pilot in time for fall consideration. Written and executive produced by Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three sisters — Billie (Kerri Kenney), Nonie (Burke) and Joyce (Margo Martindale) — running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. The pilot, produced by Sony Pictures TV, co-stars Doris Roberts as the sisters’ aunt.
ABC Pilot 'Counter Culture' Halts Production After Star Delta Burke Injured
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'