I’ve learned that production on ABC’s comedy pilot Counter Culture has been stopped because of an injury suffered by one of its stars, Delta Burke, who had a fall on the set yesterday. The multi-camera pilot had been doing pre-shoots, with the main taping in front of a live audience scheduled for tomorrow. Word is Burke will be sidelined for at least a week, but producers are still hoping to finish the pilot in time for fall consideration. Written and executive produced by Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three sisters — Billie (Kerri Kenney), Nonie (Burke) and Joyce (Margo Martindale) — running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. The pilot, produced by Sony Pictures TV, co-stars Doris Roberts as the sisters’ aunt.
ABC Pilot 'Counter Culture' Halts Production After Star Delta Burke Injured
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Ex-Fox News Analyst Tamara Holder Blasts Rupert Murdoch As “Liar Or Delusional”, Says “Lives Destroyed”
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Kevin Hart, Foo Fighters & Trump
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy