Susanna Fogel and Joni Lefkowitz, creators of the HBO comedy pilot Washingtonienne, have come on board to write an adaptation of the Mexican drama series Terminales for ABC Family. The hire seems appropriate as Terminales is sometimes described as “Sex and the City‘if Carrie Bradshaw was dying of cancer” and Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Bradshaw on the hit HBO comedy, developed and executive produced Washingtonienne. Created and produced by Miguel Angel Fox, Terminales chronicles the life of young and successful publicist April Marquez who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Fogel and Lefkowitz replace Del Shores who was originally tapped to write the project. Lionsgate TV and Kapital Entertainment are producing Terminales. Aaron Kaplan is executive producing; Paul Presburger is overseeing for Televisa which owns the format.
ABC Family's 'Terminales' Adaptation Taps New Writers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive