Susanna Fogel and Joni Lefkowitz, creators of the HBO comedy pilot Washingtonienne, have come on board to write an adaptation of the Mexican drama series Terminales for ABC Family. The hire seems appropriate as Terminales is sometimes described as “Sex and the City‘if Carrie Bradshaw was dying of cancer” and Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Bradshaw on the hit HBO comedy, developed and executive produced Washingtonienne. Created and produced by Miguel Angel Fox, Terminales chronicles the life of young and successful publicist April Marquez who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Fogel and Lefkowitz replace Del Shores who was originally tapped to write the project. Lionsgate TV and Kapital Entertainment are producing Terminales. Aaron Kaplan is executive producing; Paul Presburger is overseeing for Televisa which owns the format.
ABC Family's 'Terminales' Adaptation Taps New Writers
What's Hot on Deadline
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets