Susanna Fogel and Joni Lefkowitz, creators of the HBO comedy pilot Washingtonienne, have come on board to write an adaptation of the Mexican drama series Terminales for ABC Family. The hire seems appropriate as Terminales is sometimes described as “Sex and the City‘if Carrie Bradshaw was dying of cancer” and Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Bradshaw on the hit HBO comedy, developed and executive produced Washingtonienne. Created and produced by Miguel Angel Fox, Terminales chronicles the life of young and successful publicist April Marquez who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Fogel and Lefkowitz replace Del Shores who was originally tapped to write the project. Lionsgate TV and Kapital Entertainment are producing Terminales. Aaron Kaplan is executive producing; Paul Presburger is overseeing for Televisa which owns the format.
ABC Family's 'Terminales' Adaptation Taps New Writers
Trending Now on Deadline
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
Indie Spirit Noms Preview Likely Oscar Contenders, But What's Up With That 'Imitation Game' Shutout?
More From Andreeva
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy
- Parminder Nagra & Jessalyn Gilsig To Co-Star In 'Evil Men' USA Pilot
- 'Cristela' Gets Full-Season Order By ABC
- George Eads Exits 'CSI' After 15 Seasons