Susanna Fogel and Joni Lefkowitz, creators of the HBO comedy pilot Washingtonienne, have come on board to write an adaptation of the Mexican drama series Terminales for ABC Family. The hire seems appropriate as Terminales is sometimes described as “Sex and the City‘if Carrie Bradshaw was dying of cancer” and Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Bradshaw on the hit HBO comedy, developed and executive produced Washingtonienne. Created and produced by Miguel Angel Fox, Terminales chronicles the life of young and successful publicist April Marquez who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Fogel and Lefkowitz replace Del Shores who was originally tapped to write the project. Lionsgate TV and Kapital Entertainment are producing Terminales. Aaron Kaplan is executive producing; Paul Presburger is overseeing for Televisa which owns the format.
ABC Family's 'Terminales' Adaptation Taps New Writers
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest TV News
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development