Susanna Fogel and Joni Lefkowitz, creators of the HBO comedy pilot Washingtonienne, have come on board to write an adaptation of the Mexican drama series Terminales for ABC Family. The hire seems appropriate as Terminales is sometimes described as “Sex and the City‘if Carrie Bradshaw was dying of cancer” and Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Bradshaw on the hit HBO comedy, developed and executive produced Washingtonienne. Created and produced by Miguel Angel Fox, Terminales chronicles the life of young and successful publicist April Marquez who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Fogel and Lefkowitz replace Del Shores who was originally tapped to write the project. Lionsgate TV and Kapital Entertainment are producing Terminales. Aaron Kaplan is executive producing; Paul Presburger is overseeing for Televisa which owns the format.
ABC Family's 'Terminales' Adaptation Taps New Writers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”
- ‘9-1-1’: Ryan Guzman Joins Fox Drama As Firefighter
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter Alleges Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her
- Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson & Archie Gips’ Unrealistic Ideas Taps Jonty Nash As Head Of Development