Susanna Fogel and Joni Lefkowitz, creators of the HBO comedy pilot Washingtonienne, have come on board to write an adaptation of the Mexican drama series Terminales for ABC Family. The hire seems appropriate as Terminales is sometimes described as “Sex and the City‘if Carrie Bradshaw was dying of cancer” and Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Bradshaw on the hit HBO comedy, developed and executive produced Washingtonienne. Created and produced by Miguel Angel Fox, Terminales chronicles the life of young and successful publicist April Marquez who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Fogel and Lefkowitz replace Del Shores who was originally tapped to write the project. Lionsgate TV and Kapital Entertainment are producing Terminales. Aaron Kaplan is executive producing; Paul Presburger is overseeing for Televisa which owns the format.
ABC Family's 'Terminales' Adaptation Taps New Writers
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race