Susanna Fogel and Joni Lefkowitz, creators of the HBO comedy pilot Washingtonienne, have come on board to write an adaptation of the Mexican drama series Terminales for ABC Family. The hire seems appropriate as Terminales is sometimes described as “Sex and the City‘if Carrie Bradshaw was dying of cancer” and Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Bradshaw on the hit HBO comedy, developed and executive produced Washingtonienne. Created and produced by Miguel Angel Fox, Terminales chronicles the life of young and successful publicist April Marquez who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Fogel and Lefkowitz replace Del Shores who was originally tapped to write the project. Lionsgate TV and Kapital Entertainment are producing Terminales. Aaron Kaplan is executive producing; Paul Presburger is overseeing for Televisa which owns the format.
ABC Family's 'Terminales' Adaptation Taps New Writers
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”
- ABC Buys Small-Town Family Comedy From ‘Life In Pieces’ Duo
- Discovery And Scripps Shareholders Approve Pending $14.6 Billion Merger
- Al Franken Accuser Reads Letter Of Apology She Received, On ‘The View’