The current eight-episode third season of the ABC Family series Make It Or Break It will be its last. The writing has pretty much been on the wall for the gymnastics drama, which first faced cancellation last summer following its second 20-episode season, which was down from the 20-epsiode Season 1. But last September, the network renewed the series for eight episodes “in time to ignite Olympic fever,” as ABC Family president Michael Riley put it. The timing does make sense as the premise of the series was following several elite female teen gymnasts dreaming of competing at the upcoming summer 2012 Olympics in London. The current abbreviated third season chronicles the final leg of the race to the Olympics, with the May 14 finale revealing who of the three girls will make the U.S. team for the games. ABC Family this week began promoting the May 14 closer as the series finale, with Make It Or Break It creator Holly Sorenson chiming in on Twitter. “We are, very sadly, three weeks away from the series finale of MIOBI,” she wrote Monday. ABC Family has three new series on tap for this summer: drama Bunheads, comedy Baby Daddy and docuseries Beverly Hills Nannies.
ABC Family's 'Make It Or Break It' To End
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'