ABC Family has closed the deal for a second season pickup of the original drama series The Lying Game. The new season will begin production this summer for a winter premiere. The renewal comes on the heels of a solid second half of the series’ freshman season. After a so-so start last summer, The Lying Game grew in Season 1A, up 28% in W18-34 over the first half of its season. The Lying Game, follows separated-at-birth identical twins Emma Becker and Sutton Mercer (Alexandra Chando) who swap lives, setting in motion a web of secrecy and lies. The series is produced by Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon and is executive produced by Charles Pratt, Jr., Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo.
ABC Family Renews 'The Lying Game' For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres