EXCLUSIVE: Comedy writer-producer Michael Pennie has signed a new two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Pennie first inked a deal at the studio (then UMS) in 2010 when he was coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on the NBC/20th TV comedy series My Name Is Earl. Under his pact with UMS, he served as a co-executive producer of the studio’s NBC comedy series Outsourced. This season, CAA-repped Pennie has been loaned out to 20th TV where he reunited with My Name Is Earl creator Greg Garcia, serving as a co-executive producer on his latest comedy series, Fox’s Raising Hope.
Writer-Producer Michael Pennie Signs Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition