EXCLUSIVE: The Chronicles Of Narnia star William Moseley has landed one of the most buzzed-about pilot roles this season: He will play Aspen in the CW’s drama pilot The Selection. Based on the upcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, The Selection is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future. Written by Elizabeth Craft & Sarah Fain and directed by Mark Piznarski, it centers on America Singer (Aimee Teegarden), a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to marry Prince Maxon (Ethan Peck) and become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. Moseley, repped by Intellectual Artists Management, Paradigm and attorney Lev Ginsburg, will play the other male lead, Aspen Leger, a handsome and brave young man with a regal bearing under his ragged clothes who belongs to the servant class and has to support his entire family. He is having a secret, illegal relationship with America since it’s not allowed to date anyone out of one’s caste. Despite his love for her, when he learns she has a shot at bettering her and her family’s lives by competing in The Selection, he takes himself out of the picture by enlisting in the royal army. Also cast in the Warner Bros TV-produced pilot, which has been compared to The Hunger Games, is Andrew Elvis Miller in the guest-starring role of Gavril, a Ryan Seacrest-type TV personality who hosts The Selection, which is broadcast nationally.
William Moseley To Star As Aspen In CW Pilot 'The Selection'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ With Host Dwayne Johnson Slips To Season Low
- BBC Chief Gets Death Threat After Firing Jeremy Clarkson From ‘Top Gear’
- ‘The Rock’s Revenge Of ‘Bambi’ Targets Disney Remakes: ‘SNL’
- ‘The Rock’ Obama On ‘SNL’ Shows Dwayne Johnson As POTUS With The Most
- Trailer For J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ On HBO