Hollywood and Washington come together in director Davis Guggenheim‘s The Road We’ve Traveled, a 17-minute video for President Obama narrated by Tom Hanks. The president’s campaign committee teased the production last week, and posted it on YouTube last night. The theme: Facing a collapsing economy and overseas wars: “Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president.” Putting aside your views of the president, what do you think? Is this an effective work of political persuasion — or, as some Republicans say, a too-slick piece of propaganda that viewers will just dismiss?
Will This Tom Hanks And Davis Guggenheim Video Help President Obama?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Target In ‘Why We’re Killing Gunther’
- ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’ Sells To S&S Imprint Gallery After Gotham Group Buys Screen Rights
- FilmRise Grabs Global Rights to SXSW Thriller ‘My Father Die’; Kino Lorber’s Sol Y Luna Acquires ‘Lucha Mexico…
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Review: Sex, Seduction, Rock ‘N’ Roll & Naked Stars – Do We Have…
- Dascha Polanco Lands Female Lead In ‘iCreep’; Ingjerd Egeberg Joins ‘Downsizing’