Hollywood and Washington come together in director Davis Guggenheim‘s The Road We’ve Traveled, a 17-minute video for President Obama narrated by Tom Hanks. The president’s campaign committee teased the production last week, and posted it on YouTube last night. The theme: Facing a collapsing economy and overseas wars: “Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president.” Putting aside your views of the president, what do you think? Is this an effective work of political persuasion — or, as some Republicans say, a too-slick piece of propaganda that viewers will just dismiss?
Will This Tom Hanks And Davis Guggenheim Video Help President Obama?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
Latest Film News
- Werner Herzog’s “Rogue” Filmmaking Lessons Questioned By Father Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Assistant Killed On…
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1 & ‘Ice Age’ Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; ‘Pets’ Passes $700M WW – Intl Box…
- ‘Team Thor’: See What The God Of Thunder Was Up To During ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- Cars Damaged During ‘Leisure Seeker’ Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles — Update
- ‘Southside With You' Has Solid Debut Weekend Date: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’: Sunday…