Hollywood and Washington come together in director Davis Guggenheim‘s The Road We’ve Traveled, a 17-minute video for President Obama narrated by Tom Hanks. The president’s campaign committee teased the production last week, and posted it on YouTube last night. The theme: Facing a collapsing economy and overseas wars: “Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president.” Putting aside your views of the president, what do you think? Is this an effective work of political persuasion — or, as some Republicans say, a too-slick piece of propaganda that viewers will just dismiss?
Will This Tom Hanks And Davis Guggenheim Video Help President Obama?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' Still Frying 'Pan' At The Weekend B.O.; 'Steve Jobs' Posting Best Theater Average This Year - Late Night Update
Latest Film News
- Bulgaria’s Oscar Entry ‘The Judgement’ Is Stunningly Timely Amid Europe’s Migrant Crisis
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Review: A Smart And Complex Movie That Perfectly Fits The Man Himself
- Gene Allen Dies: Ex-Academy President & ‘My Fair Lady’ Oscar Winner Was 97
- ‘In Jackson Heights’ Trailer: 50 Years Of Frederick Wiseman Docus
- Live-Action ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Coming From Imagine And Anew
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk