Hollywood and Washington come together in director Davis Guggenheim‘s The Road We’ve Traveled, a 17-minute video for President Obama narrated by Tom Hanks. The president’s campaign committee teased the production last week, and posted it on YouTube last night. The theme: Facing a collapsing economy and overseas wars: “Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president.” Putting aside your views of the president, what do you think? Is this an effective work of political persuasion — or, as some Republicans say, a too-slick piece of propaganda that viewers will just dismiss?
Will This Tom Hanks And Davis Guggenheim Video Help President Obama?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. Afternoon Update
Latest Film News
- Kathryn Adams Dies; ‘Saboteur’ Actress Was 96
- ‘Loving’ To Inaugurate Film Screenings At National Museum Of African American History & Culture
- Matt Damon, Cheo Coker Among Featured Speakers At Produced By New York 2016
- Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On ‘Deadpool 2’
- ‘Madea’ Scares Off ‘Jack Reacher’ For No. 1; ‘Joneses’ Opening Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60