Hollywood and Washington come together in director Davis Guggenheim‘s The Road We’ve Traveled, a 17-minute video for President Obama narrated by Tom Hanks. The president’s campaign committee teased the production last week, and posted it on YouTube last night. The theme: Facing a collapsing economy and overseas wars: “Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president.” Putting aside your views of the president, what do you think? Is this an effective work of political persuasion — or, as some Republicans say, a too-slick piece of propaganda that viewers will just dismiss?
Will This Tom Hanks And Davis Guggenheim Video Help President Obama?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Neil Gaiman: Dream Dangerously’: Exclusive First Look
- ‘The Little Prince’ Gets Netflix Release Date & New Trailer
- ‘The Boxcar Children’ Series Of Books To Be Produced As Family Films
- Chelsey Summey Upped To VP Corporate Communications At Fox Films
- Dwayne Johnson-Rawson Thurber China Action Pitch Stirs Big Bids