Hollywood and Washington come together in director Davis Guggenheim‘s The Road We’ve Traveled, a 17-minute video for President Obama narrated by Tom Hanks. The president’s campaign committee teased the production last week, and posted it on YouTube last night. The theme: Facing a collapsing economy and overseas wars: “Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president.” Putting aside your views of the president, what do you think? Is this an effective work of political persuasion — or, as some Republicans say, a too-slick piece of propaganda that viewers will just dismiss?
Will This Tom Hanks And Davis Guggenheim Video Help President Obama?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Lieberman
- Les Moonves: There's A “Strong Possibility” Showtime Will Be Available Without A Pay TV Subscription
- Discovery Plans To Run And Rebrand The Hub: Report
- Cable Industry Trade Confab Rebranded To INTX: The Internet And Television Expo
- Sony Slashes Profit Estimate As Mobile Phone Sales Fail To Connect
- UPDATE: FCC Net Neutrality Comment Period Closes With Record 3.7M Responses
- Scripps Networks Agrees To Supply Channels To Dish Network's Planned Streaming Video Service