That’s this morning’s hot media business rumor. The companies are talking about a $200M deal to be announced Tuesday, Reuters’ blogger Felix Salmon reports. “Is it true? I don’t know, but it’s entirely plausible,” he says. The New York Times follows citing three unnamed people who say that the companies are in “advanced talks” for just such a deal — but adding that “officials at CNN denied that an announcement would be made on Tuesday.” The paper says that this could be the largest acquisition ever made to bolster CNN.com. Mashable started off specializing in news about social media and tech, but has been broadening its purview to include entertainment, business, and politics. One nice catch by The Times: Mashable’s executive editor, Adam Ostrow, indicated on Facebook that he “likes” Salmon’s story.
Will CNN Buy Social News Site Mashable?
What's Hot on Deadline
'American Horror Story: Cult' Unveiled As Season 7 Title Of FX Anthology Series, Premiere Date Set — Comic-Con
'Shadowhunters': Sarah Hyland Character Revealed, Alisha Wainwright Upped To Regular For Season 3 - Comic-Con
MGM Revives 'Stargate' Franchise With 'Stargate Origins' Digital Series & SVOD Platform - Watch The Teaser
Latest TV News
- Amazon Acquires Rowan Joffe’s ‘Tin Star’ With Tim Roth & Christina Hendricks
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Unveiled As Season 7 Title Of FX Anthology Series, Premiere Date Set — Comic-Con
- Donald Trump To Name Financier/Sean Hannity Pal Anthony Scaramucci New Communications Director: Report
- Stephen Colbert Presents Result Of ‘Late Show’s Russian Pee Pee Tape Probe
- ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Debuts Imax Trailer & Footage Revealing Hair-Raising Action — Comic-Con
- ‘Krypton’ Teaser: First Look At Syfy’s Superman Prequel – Comic-Con