That’s this morning’s hot media business rumor. The companies are talking about a $200M deal to be announced Tuesday, Reuters’ blogger Felix Salmon reports. “Is it true? I don’t know, but it’s entirely plausible,” he says. The New York Times follows citing three unnamed people who say that the companies are in “advanced talks” for just such a deal — but adding that “officials at CNN denied that an announcement would be made on Tuesday.” The paper says that this could be the largest acquisition ever made to bolster CNN.com. Mashable started off specializing in news about social media and tech, but has been broadening its purview to include entertainment, business, and politics. One nice catch by The Times: Mashable’s executive editor, Adam Ostrow, indicated on Facebook that he “likes” Salmon’s story.
Will CNN Buy Social News Site Mashable?
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday - UPDATE
Latest TV News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb From Listing Actors' Ages
- Courtney Cox & Lisa Kudrow Are There For Each Other For ‘Friends’ Quiz
- ‘Big Bang’, ‘Gotham’, ‘Lucifer’, ‘Good Place’ Lead Premiere Monday L3…
- Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban’s Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday – UPDATE
- ‘MacGyver’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On Friday, ‘The Exorcist’ Modest In Debut
- Bruce Springsteen Talks Elvis, Beatles And Trump On Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’