Warner Bros has acquired screen rights to the William Landay suspense novel Defending Jacob for Mary Parent to produce through her Disruption banner. The novel involves a district attorney in Boston whose son is accused of killing a classmate. As he tries to clear his boy, the DA discovers many things about his son that he didn’t know, including the possibility the 14-year old might actually have done it. Alice Martell of The Martell Agency and Jody Hotchkiss of Hotchkiss and Associated brokered the deal.
Warner Bros Buys Novel 'Defending Jacob'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘A Quiet Passion’ Clip: Emily Dickinson Makes A Friend In Terence Davies’ Bio – Berlin
- First Look: ‘Catfight’ Gets Bloody As Sandra Oh And Anne Heche Take Off The Gloves – Berlin
- Ryan Coogler Named First Warner Bros Creative Talent Ambassador
- Meryl Streep On Berlin Jury Duty: “It’s Nice To Be The Boss”
- Ambi Group And Barajoun Entertainment Ink Multi-Year, Multi-Picture Joint Venture- Berlin
- Shout! Factory Abuzz With ‘Maya The Bee’ Franchise In Multi-Picture Deal – Berlin