EXCLUSIVE: Vinessa Shaw will join Rooney Mara, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Channing Tatum and Jude Law in Bitter Pill, the Steven Soderbergh-directed potboiler that Open Road will distribute in the U.S. Shaw (3:10 To Yuma), repped by ICM and Thruline, will play the wife of Law’s character. He plays a doctor who gets into a relationship with a troubled woman (Mara) who is taking serious amounts of prescription drugs. Her intake is ostensibly designed to help her deal with the anxiety surrounding the pending release of her husband (Tatum) from prison. Scott Z. Burns wrote the script, and he’s producing with Greg Jacobs and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. James Stern’s Endgame Entertainment is co-financing with Private Defense Contractors.
Vinessa Shaw In Talks To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Bitter Pill'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Emma Thompson Slings Meat Pies As 'Sweeney Todd' Launches Commercial Partnership With English National Opera
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run