EXCLUSIVE: Vinessa Shaw will join Rooney Mara, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Channing Tatum and Jude Law in Bitter Pill, the Steven Soderbergh-directed potboiler that Open Road will distribute in the U.S. Shaw (3:10 To Yuma), repped by ICM and Thruline, will play the wife of Law’s character. He plays a doctor who gets into a relationship with a troubled woman (Mara) who is taking serious amounts of prescription drugs. Her intake is ostensibly designed to help her deal with the anxiety surrounding the pending release of her husband (Tatum) from prison. Scott Z. Burns wrote the script, and he’s producing with Greg Jacobs and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. James Stern’s Endgame Entertainment is co-financing with Private Defense Contractors.
Vinessa Shaw In Talks To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Bitter Pill'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- Pamela Adlon Joins Cast Of ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’
- ‘Justice League’ Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? – Comic-Con
- Ben Affleck Refutes ‘Batman’ Exit Rumor: “So Thrilled To Do It” – Comic-Con
- ‘Aquaman’ & Jason Momoa Rock In Comic-Con Presentation
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: New Footage Shown; Harrison Ford Says His Goal Is To Reboot Franchises – Comic-Con
- Steven Spielberg Shows Off First ‘Ready Player One’ Footage At Comic-Con – Watch