EXCLUSIVE: Vinessa Shaw will join Rooney Mara, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Channing Tatum and Jude Law in Bitter Pill, the Steven Soderbergh-directed potboiler that Open Road will distribute in the U.S. Shaw (3:10 To Yuma), repped by ICM and Thruline, will play the wife of Law’s character. He plays a doctor who gets into a relationship with a troubled woman (Mara) who is taking serious amounts of prescription drugs. Her intake is ostensibly designed to help her deal with the anxiety surrounding the pending release of her husband (Tatum) from prison. Scott Z. Burns wrote the script, and he’s producing with Greg Jacobs and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. James Stern’s Endgame Entertainment is co-financing with Private Defense Contractors.
Vinessa Shaw In Talks To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Bitter Pill'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: 'French Connection' Anniversary Reminds Industry Of '70s Devil-May-Care Filmmaking Approach
Latest Film News
- Michael Ovitz & Ron Meyer Discuss Bill Haber, Malibu And Their CAA Split
- Viacom Hits Debt Market With $1.3B Offering
- Peter Bart: ‘French Connection’ Anniversary Reminds Industry Of ’70s Devil-May-Care Filmmaking Approach
- Elisabeth Shue Joins Eli Roth’s ‘Death Wish’
- NYC Film Office Launches Effort To Boost Women Filmmakers
- Jill Kelley & The Scandal That Toppled CIA Chief David Petraeus In TV Series Talks