EXCLUSIVE: Vinessa Shaw will join Rooney Mara, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Channing Tatum and Jude Law in Bitter Pill, the Steven Soderbergh-directed potboiler that Open Road will distribute in the U.S. Shaw (3:10 To Yuma), repped by ICM and Thruline, will play the wife of Law’s character. He plays a doctor who gets into a relationship with a troubled woman (Mara) who is taking serious amounts of prescription drugs. Her intake is ostensibly designed to help her deal with the anxiety surrounding the pending release of her husband (Tatum) from prison. Scott Z. Burns wrote the script, and he’s producing with Greg Jacobs and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. James Stern’s Endgame Entertainment is co-financing with Private Defense Contractors.
Vinessa Shaw In Talks To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Bitter Pill'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- 'The Meyerowitz Stories' Star Elizabeth Marvel On Leaving Her Comfort Zone For Noah Baumbach – The Contenders Video
- ‘I, Tonya’ Stars Margot Robbie And Allison Janney On Their Knock-Down Mother/Daughter Fights During The Film – The…
- Oscars: A Preview Of Foreign Language Shortlist Possibles From A World Of Cinema
- Fox Studio Lot Likely Staying In The Murdoch Fold Post-Disney Deal
- Warner Bros Settles $1B ‘Conjuring’ Suit; “Mastermind” Producer Unmasked
- ‘Suburbicon’ Costume Designer Jenny Eagan On “Old Schooling” Her Way To Eerie ’50s…