EXCLUSIVE: Vinessa Shaw will join Rooney Mara, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Channing Tatum and Jude Law in Bitter Pill, the Steven Soderbergh-directed potboiler that Open Road will distribute in the U.S. Shaw (3:10 To Yuma), repped by ICM and Thruline, will play the wife of Law’s character. He plays a doctor who gets into a relationship with a troubled woman (Mara) who is taking serious amounts of prescription drugs. Her intake is ostensibly designed to help her deal with the anxiety surrounding the pending release of her husband (Tatum) from prison. Scott Z. Burns wrote the script, and he’s producing with Greg Jacobs and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. James Stern’s Endgame Entertainment is co-financing with Private Defense Contractors.
Vinessa Shaw In Talks To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Bitter Pill'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Discovery' EPs Alex Kurtzman & Akiva Goldsman On "Burnham's Dilemma" & Michelle Yeoh Shocker
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; 'It' Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW - International Box Office
Trevor Noah: Donald Trump's NFL Tweets Don't Speak For All "Conservative, Old White Men" - Tribeca TV Festival
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros India Preps ‘Infernal Affairs’ Remake With Azure Entertainment
- Voltage Bests Director In Battle Over Mel Gibson’s ‘The Professor & The Madman’
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Trailer: The Gladers Have One Last Life-Threatening Labyrinth Adventure
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; ‘It’ Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW – International…
- ‘Victoria And Abdul’ Reigns With Top PTA; ‘Stronger’ & ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Solid – Specialty…
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Shares “Dangerous And Desperate” Photos From Han Solo Movie Set