EXCLUSIVE: Vinessa Shaw will join Rooney Mara, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Channing Tatum and Jude Law in Bitter Pill, the Steven Soderbergh-directed potboiler that Open Road will distribute in the U.S. Shaw (3:10 To Yuma), repped by ICM and Thruline, will play the wife of Law’s character. He plays a doctor who gets into a relationship with a troubled woman (Mara) who is taking serious amounts of prescription drugs. Her intake is ostensibly designed to help her deal with the anxiety surrounding the pending release of her husband (Tatum) from prison. Scott Z. Burns wrote the script, and he’s producing with Greg Jacobs and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. James Stern’s Endgame Entertainment is co-financing with Private Defense Contractors.
Vinessa Shaw In Talks To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Bitter Pill'
What's Hot on Deadline
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Latest Film News
- ‘The Rape Of Recy Taylor’ Trailer: The Heart-Wrenching Docu Tells A Timely Story For Black Women
- John Lasseter Taking Leave Of Absence From Disney & Pixar
- Richard Cabral & John Gallagher Jr. Join Jennifer Garner In ‘Peppermint’
- Dominique McElligott, Beau Bridges, Zhu Zhu, Song Yang Join Boyd Holbrook In ‘Two/One’
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Aldis Hodge, Greg Kinnear In Biopic ‘Brian Banks’
- Oliver Stone Responds To Melissa Gilbert Harassment Allegations, Says It Was Clear ‘The Doors’ Was A “Raunchy”…