EXCLUSIVE: Asghar Farhadi, the Iranian director who won the Best Foreign Language Academy Award for A Separation, has signed with UTA. The family drama set in Tehran has earned critical and popular support throughout the international film community after its world premiere a year ago at the Fajr Film Festival in Tehran, where it earned Farhadi the Best Director award. It won the Golden Bear Award at the Berlin Film Festival and landed Sony Pictures Classics as distributor before making its U.S. debut at the Telluride Film Festival Film. That is where the agents began courting Farhadi. The film also won both a Golden Globe award and a Cesar awards before winning the Oscar. UTA is Farhadi’s first agency representation.
UTA Signs Oscar-Winning Director Asghar Farhadi
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest Film News
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Memoir By Trevor Noah
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- How A Danny Boyle-Directed James Bond Film Could Happen: Think ‘Trainspotting’ Reunion
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
- ‘The Commuter’ Rides Past $100M At Worldwide Box Office