Ty Burrelll (Modern Family) and Max Charles (The Amazing Spider-Man) have been tapped to voice the lead roles in DreamWorks Animation‘s Mr. Peabody & Sherman, which is set for a March 14, 2014 release. Rob Minkoff is directing Craig Wright’s script based on Jay Ward’s cartoon. It centers on Mr. Peabody (Burrell), the world’s smartest person who happens to be a dog. When his “pet” boy Sherman (Charles) uses their time machine without permission, events in history spiral out of control to disastrous and comical results. It’s up to this most unexpected of father-son teams to somehow put things back on track before the space-time continuum is irreparably destroyed.
Ty Burrell & Max Charles Set For DreamWorks Animation's 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman'
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Team
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney
- 'Strange Magic' Trailer: George Lucas' Animated Fairy Tale
- Millennium Entertainment Bolsters Digital With Amplify
- Bravo Renews 'Untying The Knot' For Second Season