TV Guide Network is adding comedy to its programming mix with StandUp in Stilettos, an original stand-up series hosted by The Office‘s Kate Flannery, and Rove LA, a talk show hosted by Australian comedian Rove McManus which originates from Los Angeles. StandUp in Stilettos, which has received an order for 10 half-hour episodes, will feature up-and-coming as well as established female comedians. Each show will include three stand-up comediennes whose acts feature material for, by and about women and will be shot in front of a live audience in a comedy club. Casting begins immediately, with production slated for late-April and premiere for June 16. Rove LA is a one-hour Australian weekly talk show hosted by McManus, who interviews Hollywood stars. TV Guide has acquired 10 existing episodes, which have aired in Australia but not in the U.S., as well as 13 all-new episodes which will begin filming in September. Rove LA premieres July 21.
TV Guide Ventures Into Comedy With Standup Series, Talk Show
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Ex-Fox News Analyst Tamara Holder Blasts Rupert Murdoch As “Liar Or Delusional”, Says “Lives Destroyed”
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Kevin Hart, Foo Fighters & Trump
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy