TV Guide Network is adding comedy to its programming mix with StandUp in Stilettos, an original stand-up series hosted by The Office‘s Kate Flannery, and Rove LA, a talk show hosted by Australian comedian Rove McManus which originates from Los Angeles. StandUp in Stilettos, which has received an order for 10 half-hour episodes, will feature up-and-coming as well as established female comedians. Each show will include three stand-up comediennes whose acts feature material for, by and about women and will be shot in front of a live audience in a comedy club. Casting begins immediately, with production slated for late-April and premiere for June 16. Rove LA is a one-hour Australian weekly talk show hosted by McManus, who interviews Hollywood stars. TV Guide has acquired 10 existing episodes, which have aired in Australia but not in the U.S., as well as 13 all-new episodes which will begin filming in September. Rove LA premieres July 21.
TV Guide Ventures Into Comedy With Standup Series, Talk Show
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot