Banshee, Cinemax’s upcoming action drama series executive produced by Alan Ball, has cast its first 3 regulars: Matt Servitto (Harry’s Law), Trieste Dunn and Daniel Ross Owens. The 10-episode series, written by authors Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, centers on an ex-convict and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he had betrayed years earlier. Servitto will play Brock Lotus, the longest-serving deputy in the Banshee sheriff’s department. Dunn will play Siobhan Kelly, a spitfire female deputy in the sheriff’s department. Owens will play Mayor Dan Kendall, the young, idealistic mayor of Banshee. Greg Yaitanes (House) is directing the first episode of the series, which starts shooting this spring on location in and around Charlotte, North Carolina for a 2013 premiere. Ball, Tropper, Schickler, Yaitanes and Peter Macdissi are executive producing. Ball will be juggling production of both Banshee and his HBO vampire drama True Blood. Earlier this week, HBO confirmed that Ball will step down as showrunner of True Blood after the upcoming fifth season.
Trio Cast In Cinemax Series 'Banshee'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'