Banshee, Cinemax’s upcoming action drama series executive produced by Alan Ball, has cast its first 3 regulars: Matt Servitto (Harry’s Law), Trieste Dunn and Daniel Ross Owens. The 10-episode series, written by authors Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, centers on an ex-convict and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he had betrayed years earlier. Servitto will play Brock Lotus, the longest-serving deputy in the Banshee sheriff’s department. Dunn will play Siobhan Kelly, a spitfire female deputy in the sheriff’s department. Owens will play Mayor Dan Kendall, the young, idealistic mayor of Banshee. Greg Yaitanes (House) is directing the first episode of the series, which starts shooting this spring on location in and around Charlotte, North Carolina for a 2013 premiere. Ball, Tropper, Schickler, Yaitanes and Peter Macdissi are executive producing. Ball will be juggling production of both Banshee and his HBO vampire drama True Blood. Earlier this week, HBO confirmed that Ball will step down as showrunner of True Blood after the upcoming fifth season.
Trio Cast In Cinemax Series 'Banshee'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest TV News
- Olivia Cooke To Star In ‘Vanity Fair’ Adaptation For ITV, Amazon Studios
- ‘The Split’: SundanceTV & BBC One Round Out Cast For Abi Morgan Drama Series
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Series Finale & Aftershow: “A.D.” Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion…
- Stephen Colbert Explains CBO Score Impact On Senate Trumpcare Bill
- Fox Developing Drama From Lee Daniels & Julian Breece That Tackles Race & Class
- ‘The Lowe Files’: Rob Lowe’s A&E Mystery Reality Series Sets Premiere Date, Unveils Trailer