Banshee, Cinemax’s upcoming action drama series executive produced by Alan Ball, has cast its first 3 regulars: Matt Servitto (Harry’s Law), Trieste Dunn and Daniel Ross Owens. The 10-episode series, written by authors Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, centers on an ex-convict and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he had betrayed years earlier. Servitto will play Brock Lotus, the longest-serving deputy in the Banshee sheriff’s department. Dunn will play Siobhan Kelly, a spitfire female deputy in the sheriff’s department. Owens will play Mayor Dan Kendall, the young, idealistic mayor of Banshee. Greg Yaitanes (House) is directing the first episode of the series, which starts shooting this spring on location in and around Charlotte, North Carolina for a 2013 premiere. Ball, Tropper, Schickler, Yaitanes and Peter Macdissi are executive producing. Ball will be juggling production of both Banshee and his HBO vampire drama True Blood. Earlier this week, HBO confirmed that Ball will step down as showrunner of True Blood after the upcoming fifth season.
Trio Cast In Cinemax Series 'Banshee'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Allison Raskin Suburban Femme Podcast ‘Gossip’ Sets Cast
- ‘Street Fighter’ Video Game Franchise Gets TV Series Adaptation By eOne
- Donald Trump Counterprograms Playmate Interview Chatter With Spending Bill Veto Threat Tweet
- Actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘I’m Dying Up Here’ Season 2 Trailer: It’s Not All Laughs In The 1970s L.A. Stand-Up Scene
- ‘Homecoming’: Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Brooke Bloom, Ayden Mayeri & Jacob Pitts Set To Recur In Julia Roberts Amazon…