The April 4 re-release of James Cameron‘s billion-dollar film Titanic in 3-D will get a day-and-date release in IMAX 3D in 79 domestic IMAX-equipped theatres in the US and 63 foreign markets, with plans to increase that international total to 70, IMAX announced today. The 20th Century Fox/Paramount Pictures production is being released in 3-D but non-IMAX theaters on April 4 as well. Originally released Dec. 19, 1997, Titanic has grossed $1.8 billion so far. The RMS Titanic sank April 15, 1912, on its maiden voyage.
'Titanic' 3-D Re-release To Open In Select IMAX Theaters Too
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC