The April 4 re-release of James Cameron‘s billion-dollar film Titanic in 3-D will get a day-and-date release in IMAX 3D in 79 domestic IMAX-equipped theatres in the US and 63 foreign markets, with plans to increase that international total to 70, IMAX announced today. The 20th Century Fox/Paramount Pictures production is being released in 3-D but non-IMAX theaters on April 4 as well. Originally released Dec. 19, 1997, Titanic has grossed $1.8 billion so far. The RMS Titanic sank April 15, 1912, on its maiden voyage.
'Titanic' 3-D Re-release To Open In Select IMAX Theaters Too
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'