The April 4 re-release of James Cameron‘s billion-dollar film Titanic in 3-D will get a day-and-date release in IMAX 3D in 79 domestic IMAX-equipped theatres in the US and 63 foreign markets, with plans to increase that international total to 70, IMAX announced today. The 20th Century Fox/Paramount Pictures production is being released in 3-D but non-IMAX theaters on April 4 as well. Originally released Dec. 19, 1997, Titanic has grossed $1.8 billion so far. The RMS Titanic sank April 15, 1912, on its maiden voyage.
'Titanic' 3-D Re-release To Open In Select IMAX Theaters Too
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists