The April 4 re-release of James Cameron‘s billion-dollar film Titanic in 3-D will get a day-and-date release in IMAX 3D in 79 domestic IMAX-equipped theatres in the US and 63 foreign markets, with plans to increase that international total to 70, IMAX announced today. The 20th Century Fox/Paramount Pictures production is being released in 3-D but non-IMAX theaters on April 4 as well. Originally released Dec. 19, 1997, Titanic has grossed $1.8 billion so far. The RMS Titanic sank April 15, 1912, on its maiden voyage.
'Titanic' 3-D Re-release To Open In Select IMAX Theaters Too
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot