AMC‘s The Walking Dead continues to grow and shatter basic cable records. Last night’s Season 2 finale of the zombie drama posted 9 million viewers and 6 million adults 18-49, hitting series highs in total viewers and all key demo categories. Vs. the Season 1 finale, The Walking Dead was up a big 51% in total viewers, 50% in adults 18-49 and 50% in adults 25-54 (5.3 million). The series eclipsed its previous highs, 8.1 million total viewers, 5.4 million in 18-49 and 4.4 million in 25-54 logged by the second season premiere. Those 18-49 and 25-54 deliveries were the highest ever for a basic cable drama series. Now they will be replaced in the record book by last night’s deliveries. The Walking Dead ranks as the No.1 drama series in basic cable history in such key demos as Adults and Men 18-34, Adults and Men 18-49, and Adults and Men 25-54. In total viewers, it has moved up to No.3 on the most watched basic cable telecast list, only behind the finale of USA’s Monk and an episode of TNT’s The Closer. For season 2, The Walking Dead averaged 6.9 million viewers, up 32% vs. season one, 4.6 million in adults 18-49 (up 32%) and 4 million in 25-54 (up 32%). “Congratulations to everyone associated with AMC’s The Walking Dead and thank you to the fans for creating, literally, record-setting television,” said AMC president Charlie Collier.
'The Walking Dead' Finale Draws 9 Million Viewers, Breaks More Rating Records
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Latest TV News
- Joseph Mascolo Dies: Villainous Stefano DiMera On ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Was 87
- ‘Top Puppet’: NBC Orders Reality Special From ‘The Voice’ Producers, Muppet Creators…
- Kellyanne Conway Defends Donald Trump’s ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Credit, Suggests Salary Might Go To Charity
- ‘Power’ Casts Mike Dopud; Jess Salgueiro Joins ‘The Strain’
- ‘Mariah’s World’: Mariah Carey’s E! Series Premiere Draws 4 Million Total Viewers
- 21st Century Fox Reaches Preliminary Deal To Acquire UK’s Sky