(NOTE: This story includes a mild spoiler from The Walking Dead second-season finale.) AMC‘s The Walking Dead is introducing another fan favorite character from Robert Kirkman’s comic book series, on which the hit series is based. Danai Gurira (Treme) has been cast as Michonne on the zombie drama. The character, a mysterious, sword-wielding woman, was first featured in the Walking Dead Season 2 finale tonight and will return in Season 3. The casting comes a month after the series tapped David Morrissey to play another iconic character from the comics, The Governor. The Walking Dead is executive produced by Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd, Kirkman and Dave Alpert.
'The Walking Dead' Casts Michonne Role
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive