(NOTE: This story includes a mild spoiler from The Walking Dead second-season finale.) AMC‘s The Walking Dead is introducing another fan favorite character from Robert Kirkman’s comic book series, on which the hit series is based. Danai Gurira (Treme) has been cast as Michonne on the zombie drama. The character, a mysterious, sword-wielding woman, was first featured in the Walking Dead Season 2 finale tonight and will return in Season 3. The casting comes a month after the series tapped David Morrissey to play another iconic character from the comics, The Governor. The Walking Dead is executive produced by Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd, Kirkman and Dave Alpert.
'The Walking Dead' Casts Michonne Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor