(NOTE: This story includes a mild spoiler from The Walking Dead second-season finale.) AMC‘s The Walking Dead is introducing another fan favorite character from Robert Kirkman’s comic book series, on which the hit series is based. Danai Gurira (Treme) has been cast as Michonne on the zombie drama. The character, a mysterious, sword-wielding woman, was first featured in the Walking Dead Season 2 finale tonight and will return in Season 3. The casting comes a month after the series tapped David Morrissey to play another iconic character from the comics, The Governor. The Walking Dead is executive produced by Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd, Kirkman and Dave Alpert.
'The Walking Dead' Casts Michonne Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
- Major League Baseball Makes Pitch To Speed Up Games
- Sony Pictures Television Reshuffles International Production Team
- Olympics Ratings Rise From 2018 Low; Down From 2014 On 2nd Sunday Of Games
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals