(NOTE: This story includes a mild spoiler from The Walking Dead second-season finale.) AMC‘s The Walking Dead is introducing another fan favorite character from Robert Kirkman’s comic book series, on which the hit series is based. Danai Gurira (Treme) has been cast as Michonne on the zombie drama. The character, a mysterious, sword-wielding woman, was first featured in the Walking Dead Season 2 finale tonight and will return in Season 3. The casting comes a month after the series tapped David Morrissey to play another iconic character from the comics, The Governor. The Walking Dead is executive produced by Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd, Kirkman and Dave Alpert.
'The Walking Dead' Casts Michonne Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Panel Kicks Off With Surprise David Lynch Video Visit – Comic-Con
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Attracts 13 Million On Traditional TV
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Brings Winter To Comic-Con Hall H: Child-Burning Witch Melisandre Advising Daenerys Targaryen?
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- ‘Hannity’ Books Sean Spicer, Anthony Scaramucci & Reince Priebus To Spin White House Press Office Explosion
- True-Crime Anthology Series From Nick Antosca & Michelle Dean In Works At Hulu