The studio today gave two of its biggest titles in the pipeline 2013 release dates, and moved its Guillermo del Toro-directed Pacific Rim from May to July 12 of that year. Warner Bros will release The Hangover 3 on May 24, 2013, where it will face Universal’s Fast & Furious 6 and Fox’s Leafmen. The 300 sequel will open August 2, 2013 where Summit’s RED sequel and Sony’s The Smurfs 2 now reside. Meanwhile, this the second shift in dates for Pacific Rim, which Warner Bros originally set for July 17 but was moved to May 10 at the head of the summer pack. Now it’s back in July, where it will face off against Sony’s sequel Grown Ups 2. It stars Idris Elba and Charlie Hunnam and is set in a future where malevolent creatures threaten to destroy the earth, and the planet must band together to eradicate the growing threat.
Warner Bros Dates 'The Hangover 3' And '300' Sequel For 2013, Shifts 'Pacific Rim'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'