The studio today gave two of its biggest titles in the pipeline 2013 release dates, and moved its Guillermo del Toro-directed Pacific Rim from May to July 12 of that year. Warner Bros will release The Hangover 3 on May 24, 2013, where it will face Universal’s Fast & Furious 6 and Fox’s Leafmen. The 300 sequel will open August 2, 2013 where Summit’s RED sequel and Sony’s The Smurfs 2 now reside. Meanwhile, this the second shift in dates for Pacific Rim, which Warner Bros originally set for July 17 but was moved to May 10 at the head of the summer pack. Now it’s back in July, where it will face off against Sony’s sequel Grown Ups 2. It stars Idris Elba and Charlie Hunnam and is set in a future where malevolent creatures threaten to destroy the earth, and the planet must band together to eradicate the growing threat.
Warner Bros Dates 'The Hangover 3' And '300' Sequel For 2013, Shifts 'Pacific Rim'
What's Hot on Deadline
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Latest Film News
- China Box Office Tops $7.5B Milestone; Admissions Up 15% So Far In 2017
- Natasha Henstridge, Tamer Hassan & Lady Clara Paget Team For UK Horror Feature
- PGA Awards Unveil Documentary Feature Nominees
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Final
- ‘Coco’ Review: Pixar Does It Again With Dazzling New Toon
- Can ‘Coco’ Whip ‘Justice League’ For Top Spot Over Thanksgiving Stretch? – Box Office Preview