The studio today gave two of its biggest titles in the pipeline 2013 release dates, and moved its Guillermo del Toro-directed Pacific Rim from May to July 12 of that year. Warner Bros will release The Hangover 3 on May 24, 2013, where it will face Universal’s Fast & Furious 6 and Fox’s Leafmen. The 300 sequel will open August 2, 2013 where Summit’s RED sequel and Sony’s The Smurfs 2 now reside. Meanwhile, this the second shift in dates for Pacific Rim, which Warner Bros originally set for July 17 but was moved to May 10 at the head of the summer pack. Now it’s back in July, where it will face off against Sony’s sequel Grown Ups 2. It stars Idris Elba and Charlie Hunnam and is set in a future where malevolent creatures threaten to destroy the earth, and the planet must band together to eradicate the growing threat.
Warner Bros Dates 'The Hangover 3' And '300' Sequel For 2013, Shifts 'Pacific Rim'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- ‘Akicita’s Native Warriors Stood Up To “Genocide,” Violent Police Militarization At Standing Rock…
- Mitchell Gossett Joins Industry Entertainment Partners As Manager
- ‘Search’s Sev Ohanian Wins Sundance Institute/Amazon Studios Producers Award
- Steven Soderberg's ‘Unsane’ Added to Berlin Film Festival Competition
- SPWA Lands Inventive Thriller ‘Search’ In $5 Million World Rights Deal – Sundance