The action thriller starring Henry Cavill, Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver had been slated for an April 6 wide release — the weekend featuring Paramount’s Titanic 3D (which opens that Wednesday) and Universal’s American Reunion. Now Summit has shifted The Cold Light Of Day to a limited release September 7. The Mabrouk El Mechri-directed film centers on a man (Cavill) who goes to Spain for a weeklong sailing vacation with his family, but his world turns upside down when the family is kidnapped by intelligence agents hell-bent on recovering a mysterious briefcase.
Summit Moves 'The Cold Light Of Day' To Fall
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years